Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Stamps and Foil

With the use of some Deco Transfer Gel, some Deco Foil and a few stamps I created these cards for Father's Day.




I chose to use one of the goose images and the sentiment on the Gina K. Designs Wetlands stamp set for both of the cards. I used a foam brush to apply the Deco Transfer gel to the goose stamp by dabbing and then quickly stamped  it to ivory card stock. Don't leave it too long as then it will dry a bit and remove some of the card stock, so be quick. This had to dry at least an hour before I could foil it.

So after the image was stamped I immediately cleaned my stamp with soapy water and an old toothbrush. That works really well. And, after cleaning the stamp it is just as good as before and I could put it back onto the panel with the other stamps.

Once the stamped image was dry I then foiled it with some Deco Amber Watercolor foil using my laminator which I had heated up for approximately a half hour ahead of time. Heat setting the design created the beautiful foiled lined image on the ivory card stock. And, with the other negative portion I added that to a Deco Toner Sheet.

The first card had a die cut panel of black card stock using the Impression Obsession die called Wave Adapt-a-Background. This die cuts a pattern but if you want open spaces the way I used it, then you take a craft knife or a scissors to cut portions away to make the design. I also used a Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Small rectangle die and a Gina K. Designs Single Stitched rectangle die on the panel which when placed together give just a slight framed edging.The last step after adding all the layers together was to stamp the sentiment from the Wetlands set in black ink using my MISTI.

The second card using the negative portion was layered onto a black panel of card stock. This was then again added to a die cut rectangle from the Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangles. Since this was quite thick I had to do a couple passes through my machine to get it to cut through. I had used the largest die in that set but I still wanted a thin border, so what I did was cut off the outer stitched design on it with a scissors and then mounted it onto black card stock cut with the same size double stitched die. This gave me a very thin edging around it. And, the final steps were to add all of this to an ivory card base and then stamp the sentiment in black ink using my MISTI.

I had these started before the Memorial Day weekend but since I had lots of company again I did not get back to finishing them. Thanks for visiting and for the comments and I hope your week will be a great one.

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

laurie said...

These are BOTH just amazing. SO elegant! That double stitched rectangle is awesome too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are beautiful. Love the foil for the masculine cards. Really gorgeous and rich.

Rosy Newlun said...

Both are so gorgeous, Verna! I love the way you've used the dies and foil!!!

Darnell said...

You are rockin' the foils, Verna! These Dad Day cards are superb!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

I also have been on a foiling kick, how fun! These are great Masculine Cards, so much shine and sparkle! Perfect!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great masculine cards mf...sometimes it is hard to create a good one suitable for a guy but you got it so right
xx Karen

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful cards! I haven't tried the transfer gel yet, but I love being able to get two cards out of one piece of foil. Great job.

Sheri Gilson said...

These are fabulous masculine cards, Verna! Love them!

Unknown said...

Wow. Beautiful .

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...