Friday, May 5, 2017

In Memory of Pat

A dear stamping friend whom I never met in person died May 1st but we became close friends regardless and would phone each other fairly often. She was a really dear person and was very generous to her family and friends and I know she will be deeply missed. This is a card I made for her husband and family in her memory. She loved to make cards and do other crafting. She had been quite ill of late and so it is a blessing that she is no longer suffering. I know that Heaven is a better place with her arrival.



I used the Penny Black A Moment in Time stamp which is a really large flower image and if stamped in it's full length would be enough to fill a bigger card surface than an A2 size. But I wanted to use it on an A2 size card so I just stamped the blossom twice which I inked up with little Hero Arts ink cubes and placed them on  the side along with one leaf. I then fussy cut around the side design. This was added to some gingham pattern paper and then mounted onto a card base of light pink. The sentiment is from  A Jillian Vance Design set called Simply Said: Sympathy. I stamped that in black ink on white card stock and then lined it with a layer of green card stock before I added it to the card front. The final touch was to add some light green rhinestones.

Well, thanks so much for your wonderful comments. I appreciate all of them.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

sorry for your loss, I'm sure her family will love this card.

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Verna. I'm sure it has brought some comfort to her family to receive it. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, I am sorry Pat is no longer here to inspire you, and for you both to enjoy your special friendship, Verna. Your caring love will be extra meaningful to her family since it is made with your Verna-style-Love and it is carrying on a tradition Pat embraced. Thanks for sharing about your friend, and the pretty card! hugs, de

Karen Dunbrook said...

I am so sorry for your loss mf....sending hugs.
Beautifully done card. Love how the flowers are just peeking out over the gingham bkg.
take care,
xx Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. This is a beautiful card.

Macimbalo said...

Verna, so sorry you lost your dear friend. I'm sure her husband will really appreciate it. Even though it's blessing she is no longer suffering, it still is so painful and heart breaking to lose a good friend. Your card will be a blessing to the family. Hugs, Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...