Thursday, May 4, 2017

Red,White & Blue Mom's Day

So sorry I have been missing in action for a few days but life got in the way and so my card making got put on hold. I had planned earlier in the week to work with foil on a card and yesterday when I tried to foil my design I found out that my laminator was no longer functioning. Well, I had just placed an order for a lot of goodies for foiling so I absolutely needed to invest in a new one so I am happy to report it is on it's way to me now.

But I remembered that there was still a way to do some foiling with sticky paper so that was what I did. Although this is not the original design I had in mind I did find this to be a good one too.  I placed the foil on top of the sticky paper and pressed it well all over it to get my foil to stick. Once I had that done I cut it into strips for use on my card design.


These strips I made were then added to a white card stock panel. That made up the background. Next I stamped some roses onto Gina K. Designs Red Velvet card stock with Versafine Black ink. I also added a deeper red in the shadow areas of the rose like I saw Melanie Muenchinger do in her video at Stamp TV.  The roses I used were from the Gina K. Designs Frame & Flowers 2 set which features a multi-step rose design but I only used the one step on the red card stock and then die cut them with the matching dies that came with that set. These roses were placed onto the background I had made and two of them I popped up.


The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Springtime Baskets set. I stamped that in black ink onto white card stock and fussy cut it and layered it to some red before placing it on my front panel. I also added some little red rhinestones. This panel was added to the base card of Red Velvet. I also lined the inside of the card with white card stock.

Supplies;
Gina K. Designs Red Velvet and White Card Stock
Gina K. Designs Frame & Flowers 2 Roses Stamp Set and Dies, Springtime Baskets Stamp Set
Blue Deco Foil
Sparkle N Sprinkle Sticky Paper
Crafter's Companion Glue Runner
Red Rhinestones-Unknown
Black Versafine Ink
Deeper Red Tombow Marker
Scor Pal


I am entering this in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #72-Flowers
Double D Challenge-Red, White, Blue and Optional Stars and Stripes

Thanks for visiting and I hope I will be able to do better next week with my card making. And, thanks for your comments. I love them all.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Sherri said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Your red roses just pop against that blue & white background! Thanks for joining our "Flowers" challenge at Dies R Us!

Liz said...

Beautiful card. I love the clean lines of this striking card. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Your foiling is beautiful! Verna, it's a lovely card! xo

Vicki said...

Stunning and elegant card! Great design and love the simplicity. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Red, White and Blue/Stars and Stripes" Challenge.

Olga Moore said...

Very striking,Verna! The red roses really make your card pop.

Unknown said...

FAB card....loooooove those roses and the addition of your foiled strips! I was so inspired with Gina's Blog Hop that I got out my Mini Minc and 6 rolls of foils (have since bought one more roll lol) and foiled up sheets of pretty papers. This way I can die cut and paper punch whenever I want! So FUN! Beautiful card!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow factor! Gorgeous roses - really pop from the foiled striped background. Well done!

Barbara said...

As soon as I saw this, I said, those are Gina's roses. They sure are and you really did them some justice. Just Beautiful and so patriotic.

Diane said...

WOW, your foiling is beautiful...I need to do some of this myself...a gorgeous, gorgeous card!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

AWESOME Verna! Love your design and that foiling is fabulous! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Red, White & Blue’ challenge as well as the 'Flowers' challenge at Dies R Us! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Whoa - this is just gorgeous. And I, too, forget that you can just use sticky tape with foil, thanks for the reminder. I love your design here and how you have used those beautiful roses. Wonderful card!!!

Julia Sandvoss said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card you have made using our Deco Foil!

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! I love red white and blue together and this is stunning!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...