Sunday, February 2, 2020

Baby Boy Crocodile Card

I just fell in love with the free digital set that was offered at Beccy's Place so I decided I wanted to use it and join in the Beccy's Place Monthly (February) Challenge using those free images. The set comes with a colored version, lined version and also pattern paper so you can't beat that for having everything handy for happy card making. I chose to use the colored version along with the pattern paper.


I did some brushing on of extra color to the edges of the pattern paper which I had die cut with a Spellbinder Curved Rectangle die. I also stamped a sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle (no longer in business) Baby Oh Baby Stamp Set. The crocodile baby was fussy cut out and placed onto that pattern paper. And once all was adhered together I then added it to a white card stock base.

I think he is so cute and I think I am going to make a girl version with the non-colored design. So that may be on my next post.

I am also entering this card in the Mod Squad Challenge-Get Your Animal Stamps Inky!

I hope all of you are enjoying February so far. We have had sunshine so that is nice but a cold front is moving in tonight and with that comes the clouds. So we are enjoying it while we have sun and warmer temps. Have a great week everyone!

God bless,
Verna


19 comments:

Lisa Babitz said...

So cute!!

Judy Inukai said...

The baby crocodile is darling.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so sweet! What a great way to use these digi's Verna! Well done!

Beccy said...

I love the sentiment you chose Verna, it's very cute! I also like the die you used to cut the background paper, what a great shape. The sponging around the edges coordinates nicely with the ribbon too. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Barbara Bruder said...

So cute. What a great baby croc card. Love your coloring!!

Rosy Newlun said...

It's adorable, Verna! Who wouldn't love an alligator baby card! Sweet colors and card design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used this image Verna, and the extra blue around the paper is a great accent - a wonderful card
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

This is so cute. I like the paper and the die you picked. Adding the blue to the edges of your paper made it really stand out and that is a great idea to bring out the colors.

laurie said...

Oh how cute is that!!! Adorable card!

Leslie Miller said...

I don't think I've ever seen a crocodile with a Teddy bear before, but it's darling! What a sweet baby card!

crafty-stamper said...

Awww really love the cute crocodile baby and great CAS card
Carol x

Diane said...

This is adorable and I might work with him sometime, if I ever get the time, but I just love how cute this is!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute card mf.
xx Karen

Dawn S. said...

Lovely card! It's nice that they have background paper to go with the cute digital stamp.

Carol L said...

Great background technique on this sweet card for baby. Great fussy cutting too:)

wannabcre8tive said...

Aww, how cute. Great coloring.

TK said...

He's a cutie, and a keeper!

Dandi93 said...

Too cute Verna, love the simple sketch and use of the digital dp as your background... I did go to Beccy's for a quick look and I see a few new goodies.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable too! And honestly I like your colored version better... there is more depth and texture to him... love both cards though!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...