Monday, February 17, 2020

Giraffe Card

I made this card for the Dies R Us Challenge #139: Wild Things-Animals using one of my favorite stamp and die sets from Stampendous called Giraffe. I also die cut the main panel out with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Rectangle die.


I used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to color the scene  and the giraffe. The extra leaves were die cut from green glitter paper snippets. All was then placed onto a Sand card stock base. I think this may be a birthday card for one of my grandsons.

This morning I had to go to the hospital and do a blood draw to get my statistics for the actual doctor visit tomorrow. And, hubby also had cardiac rehab this morning so we spent quite a bit of time at the hospital and rehab center. So since I had done this card yesterday I thought I would post it this afternoon for you to see.

I hope all are having a great day and I thank you so much for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is so cute! I love the giraffe and the sentiment. Your background is the perfect playground for him. Hope your Dr. visit is a good one.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a totally fun card! That giraffe is so cute and you put him together with such a great background! Hope the drs. visits go well tomorrow.

Liz said...

Super card Verna, such a fun design. Hope your visit to the doctor goes well tomorrow. xx

Leslie Miller said...

This is so cute, Verna! Perfect background with the dies and coloring, and the giraffe is adorable!

Lisa Babitz said...

Cute stamp and die set. Love the scene you created with it! Hope your doctor visit goes well tomorrow and that your hubby's rehab is going well.

Ina G said...

What a fun card you have here Verna. Lovely the little scene you created. So cute and that sentiment would be perfect for on of your grandsons.

Rosy Newlun said...

I love this sweet scene, Verna! Your colors are clean and vibrant! What a giraffe! I hope you and Arlin get an all's well on your health visits! Sending you lots of gentle hugs 💐💓🦒

Bunny said...

Cute card. Great background. Here's hoping that y'all's visits and results go well.
[Bunny]

Diane said...

Super cute card I am sure your grandson will love, quite an adorable scene you have created...hope all your tests went well!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

He's so cute, Verna! And what a gorgeous background you made! Beautiful card and the sentiment is perfect!

Donna Ellis said...

So cute, Verna! I am especially enamored by the combination of cuteness in the fun giraffe and the realistic beauty of your colorful background! SWEET sentiment, too! hugs, de

Darnell said...

What a darling giraffe and you're built a great scene behind him, Verna! And I love the sediment! I hope your test results and coming appointments go well!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable image with the fun scenic background.

Theresa's Studio said...

Fun card...love the scenic background! Hope doctor visit went well.

Mac Mable said...

I hope your bloods are OK Verna and hope DH rehab went alright? x.
What an adorable card and I so love that super cute giraffe. Great colouring and teh extra leaves add to the dimension of your fabulous card x.

Carol L said...

That's a great sentiment to go along with that fun giraffe image! Love the little window scene too!

TK said...

Fun card, Verna! Love the sweet giraffe too. Hope all is well for you and yours!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...