Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February Rudolph Days

Today I am showing the simple card I made for the Scraps of Life ScrappyMo February Rudolph Days challenge.  It is a simple design but I really like it and the sentiment that goes along with it. These digital stamps are from the Little Donkey set from Beccy's Place. I printed out the donkey and sentiment on white card stock and then colored the donkey with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I also added some blue around the donkey with my blending brushes.


I die cut the panel out with a scalloped stitched Unknown brand die. And, then I layered it to red before placing it onto a white card base. To finish off the card I added some holly die cuts from the Cheery Lynn Designs Christmas Bell die set. With a white paint pen I added some highlights to the holly berries.

I just love that sentiment as it is so true that a little donkey was a key part in the birth of our Lord Jesus. He carried Mother Mary until it was time for her to give birth to Jesus.

Thanks so much for visiting and for always leaving such wonderful comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Verna this is a beauty. The little donkey is adorable and what a cute little face. Yes the sentiment is absolutely perfect and so true x Loving this one x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Verna. The little donkey is adorable and I love how you've added the sponged background. xx

Suzanne H said...

So pretty! I've been eyeing this set at Beccy's but didn't know if I would really use it. This is a great application of it. Just lovely.

scrappymo! said...

Great card with a great sentiment. IT really makes you think!

I like the addition of the holly leaves and the way you did the wash aroun the donkey.

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Theresa's Studio said...

Love how you have used this cute donkey in a very appropriate Christmas card!
Love all the details.

Kathleen said...

These are really super cards, love the cute image and a really great design wit the addition of the holly and the lovely subtle background.

Kath x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beautiful card design Verna - love how you have coloured the wee donkey and his blue background!
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a beautiful image and such a gorgeous sentiment with it too. Thank you for joining the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Carol L said...

What a sweet set of cards with that precious image and sentiment. Love the sprigs of holly and berries in the corners with that great die-cut image panel too!

Diane said...

Oh this is GREAT...how fun and such a fun image too...love it!!

laurie said...

Love this! What a great sentiment and image.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how absolutely precious, Verna! This just touches my heart. What a wonderful image and sentiment combo. You're doing so good with your Christmas cards!

KT Fit Kitty said...

You made a beautiful bunch of cards, Verna! The donkey is super cute and the sentiment is perfect! I like the holly leaves and berries you added! I do enjoy Rudolph Day!

Lisa said...

Adorable and super sweet!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable set of cards

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful cards Verna... Awesome coloring and I love the sentiment... so sweet

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...