Sunday, February 23, 2020

February Twofer

Finally I got my Twofers done for Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge #24-FRUIT. I found this stamp set of melons that I had not inked up before so I decided that I would try to use that set. However, my thinking cap was working overtime without any success until I finally had a light bulb moment as to what I wanted to do. This set is the result. I hope you enjoy seeing them.


As you can see I created two entirely different looking designs with the melon stamp set which is from Stamplorations and is called Layered Watermelon. My placement of the images is not spot on but I will just call that artistic license on my part to pretend I wanted it that way. LOL All card stock used on both cards is from Gina K. Designs.

The first one is more traditional in design as I actually made melons on the card. I used Electro Pop Inks which are designed by Rina K. and available at Gina K. Designs. These are a deep vibrant ink and quite juicy so they bleed through light weight card stock. So I had to layer the designs but that was okay I guess. I also used a bit of white paint pen to add some highlights to the melon seeds along the edge. Oh and the border along the edge of the white melon panel is done with a black marker.



This second Twofer is off the grid and with this one I let my imagination run wild and created a sort of smiley imogi kind of design. I added a bit more decorative stamping to the card and ended up with a fun birthday greeting. Again I  used the Electro Pop inks and a white paint pen. All the sentiments used on both cards are from this same melon stamp set.


I hope you enjoyed this crafting excursion of mine. I know I surely did. And, it was a great way to spend a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. Take care everyone and thanks for the visit.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Liz said...

Two great cards, Verna. Brilliant sentiment on your first card and what a fun and creative way to use part of the melon stamp on your second card. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Two very FUN and different cards Verna! Love your traditional watermelon card with those awesome bright inks, and your 2nd card totally makes me grin...love how you used the seeds for all that wild looking hair!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at The Twofer Challenge this month!! :0)

Darnell said...

I can tell that you had fun just letting these cards have free rein while making them, Verna! They are both wild, bright, and really amusing designs! I love that neon green with the bright juicy pink and how you added the white gel pen accents to the seeds on your first card. And I especially love the punny sediment! I can't imagine anyone NOT smiling when they get a look at your wonderful smiling emoji dude on your birthday design! I can think of a coupla teenage boys I know who would love this, so thanks for the inspiration!! And thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

TK said...

A lot of fun in these two cards, Verna! So glad you could make it to the Twofer party :O)

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving these two stunning and ever so colourful cards Verna - that smile card is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

You are always so clever with your twofers, they are fabulous!!

Dawn S. said...

I love the two completely different looks with this set. Great cards!

Bunny said...

Cute cards. Love the vibrant colors of them. [Bunny]

Judy Woodland said...

Both cards are fabulous. I LOVE the Electro Pop one, it really POPS!!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another wonderfully creative take on the "twofer" theme. I love the melon seeds on the border of the melon cards and what recipient wouldn't grin from ear to ear with the melon choly card?!! Awesome makes, Verna.

oldpunca said...

Oh, what a funny and amazing twofer of melon cards! I like the word play on the first card. You've used of the stamp on very clever and funny way on the second card.
Hugs, Sonja

Carol L said...

What a fun pair of cards! I especially like the smiley face on the first, but that sentiment on the 2nd just tickled my funny bone! NJ on both!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I am loving your creative dude with the wild eyes and the wild hair. Your bright traditional watermelons are darling, and such fun as well. Thanks for bringing your fun cards to the Twofer Challenge #24.

Barbara said...

Both are totally different and the most fun cards. The one with the smiley face is adorable and makes me smile.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely brilliant, Verna! A stroke of genius for your unconventional use of the melon stamps. That is so funny! Really love the conventional melon card, too. The white accents on the melon seeds make all the difference.

Shery Russ said...

both awesome cards, Verna, but that second one is genius and super creative! love it!

laurie said...

O these are REALLY fun cards!! So cheerful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a fun couple of cards

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...