Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Donkey Birthday

I thought my computer might be crashing a week or so ago so I quick printed out some digital stamps sets just in case. Well it is still functioning like normal so perhaps it was just a little glitch. Anyway, one of the images I printed out was this little donkey and the sentiment from a set from Beccy's Place called Little Donkey.


I thought this was a cute and fun card design and that it would work for anyone who was having a birthday. I cut the main panel out with my paper cutter and then added a border of pattern paper before placing it on a yellow card base. I chose to use the already colored version of the donkey. But if I colored it myself I could switch up the colors of the scarf and make it look cool too!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Beccy's Place February Challenge
Jan's Digi Challenge #8-Anything Goes

My six month physical went great and my doctor also ordered me a new walker. I only had use of one that a friend gave me and it was very old so this one will be the state of the art new version with wheels. LOL I came to realize I was in need of such a support such as that now as my walking has not been as stable as in the past. I also got my flu shot and after the snow melts a bit more I plan on getting the second of my series of shingle shots in too. And, my hubby is down to two more weeks of cardiac rehab and then he will be finished with that. So we are both doing well. Thanks to everyone who asked about us and another big thanks to all who have stopped to visit and leave comments.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Rushd Lady said...

This card is really cute. Thanks for sharing with me Verna! I have one of those fancy rollator's too and it sure helps when you go on shopping trips or go on outings such as a craft fair where you have to do some walking or standing. After I fell and herniated that disc in my lower back, my legs don't take the upright position for very long and then I've got to get off of them because they get to hurting. It's so nice to be able to rest for a few minutes in the seat until I'm ready to get up and go again. Have you gotten your flu shot yet? I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow when I see my doc for a follow up.

Mac Mable said...

Adorable card Verna and a super cute little face on the donkey. I am so very glad everything is well your end and no racing now with your new walker with wheels x.

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad to hear you are in for a new walker with all the bells and whistles, and that DH is well on the mend too.
Loving this image, and how you have used it on this fun card, Verna
Blessings
Maxine

Jan Mahew said...

Verna, Love your adorable CAS creation. Reminds me of Missouri the "Show Me" state.... Thanks for sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge... Now on a personal note. I am glad your six month check up went so well. That new walker should make it a bit easier for you. Please be careful on that snow and ice. I spoke with Margaret the other day and she sends you best wishes. Take care!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Carol L said...

I just love this fun birthday card! Great image and a cute punny sentiment too! Glad your physical went well and hope you'll get good use out of that new streamlined walker

Theresa's Studio said...

This is such a cute Donkey! Love how you used it in your card!

Leslie Miller said...

Verna, you're a card making whiz! Three new cards since my last visit, and I tell you I absolutely love this one! I think you know how fond I am of cute critters and whimsical cards. Right up my alley! Really cute! I'm glad you're getting a Cadillac walker. My Mom had one of those and it was awesome. Best to have something to hang onto when you're a little unsteady on your feet.

Lisa Babitz said...

Cute card! Glad to hear things are going well for you and your hubby in the health department!

Beccy said...

I'm happy to hear that you and your hubby are progressing well with rehab Verna, I hope you're both back to full strength very soon.
Your card is so sweet! I love the wonderful paper and card stock you chose for the base, the yellows work well with the little flower in the image. I also like the positioning of the donkey and the sentiment, it's a nicely balanced design.
Cheers,
Beccy

Vicki Dutcher said...

This donkey is so fun

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...