Thursday, February 20, 2020

Hot Drink Shaker Card

I am totally out of my comfort zone when it comes to making shakers. However, after repeated attempts to get it right I finally accomplished making one with a hot drink theme. I chose the colors of Tranquil Teal and Plum Punch on white for stamping my images. I also used card stocks to match with those colors too.


I used the cups from the Artplorations Snow Cozy stamp set. The sentiment is a clear sticker from Stamplorations which I placed onto the acetate panel. The die cut window was done using the Cutploration dies that go with the Artplorations Bloom Happy stamp set. I used glitter paper from Crafters Companion. And the panels were die cut with Cutplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies.


I added sequins from two different Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends packets: Breakfast at Tiffy's and Purple Passion. But before adding them I took an anti-static tool around the sticky edges so that the sequins would not stick to them. Together these sequins pretty much captured the colors I was using for the stamped images and also for either hot coffee, hot tea or hot cocoa with the brown tones. To pop up the design I used double layers of Scotch Double Stick Photo tape. All was added to a white card base. Other adhesive used was from a tape runner.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge-Project
Artsystamper Digital Challenge #10-Hot Drinks
Artplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge



I got my walker and I am going to love getting around with it. No more clump, clump like it was with the old fashioned one and I can keep walking more normally. No stop and go walk.

Take care everyone.
God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It's cute the way you did your shaker with the scalloped frame and the sentiment stamped right on the window! Shakers make for very fun cards!

Carol L said...

I'm with you - CAS cards and shaker cards are my downfall, but you really came up with a fun shaker idea for this one! Love all those teacups and I'm glad your walker is helping you!

Gail said...

What a fun coffee shaker card - love the sticker and the shaker elements as well as that luscious background - thanks for joining the challenge! Happy you have a new walker that helps you get around-- have a fun crafting week!

Lisa Babitz said...

You did a great job with this shaker card design. Love the glitter frame and all the coordinating sequins. Cute card.

Happy walking!! :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awesome job! Love all the cups stamped like that. Your shaker is great! Well done and good for you with the walker - a new lease on life!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful shaker card Verna - love those colours together.
So glad to hear you are walking better with the new and improved model - no racing now y'hear! :)
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A great card for a difficult challenge! I am glad you like your new walker! It sounds like it is going to do the trick!

Diane said...

Pretty pretty shaker card and great stamp set you have used!! Glad you got your new walker, wow that seems fast, you had me laughing at the clump clump!!

Beverly said...

Verna, I Love the shaker!Thanks for entering our challenge at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge! I truly hope we see you again soon. Hugs, Bev ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS

Dawn S. said...

You nailed this shaker card! Great colours and sparkle! Glad your new walker is letting you get around more easily.

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous shaker card Verna and a lovely colour combination. Great stamping and the shaker elements are so pretty. Great idea to use an anti static bag....Thank you for the tip x.
I am so very glad you have your new walker Verna and it makes it easier for you to walk x.

Greta said...

Pretty color combo & cute card!

TK said...

Congrats on a successful shaker! Great colors, and fun too. So glad you feel more comfortable walking now, many happy steps ahead!

Gail said...

thank you for your interested in the Mod Squad Challenge - we have canceled the challenge due to technical difficulties - our challenge keeps coming and going - so we canceled or postponed the challenge -- we are hoping that new challenges for Mod Squad will begin March 4th - stay tune!! Sorry about the situation -

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS Verna! I'm with you in regards to shaker cards ... I'm not very good at them!! But you've certainly come up with an AWESOME design and it looks AMAZING! Well done my friend!! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Gail said...

Verna - you may enter this card in the Mod Squad Stamplorations Sponsored challenge on March 18th - have a blessed day

laurie said...

You should make shakers more often..turned out great!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun shaker window - turned out great

Gail said...

Happy to see you back to the Mod Squad challenge and entering the approved Feb card - have fun crafting for the new challenge this week - blessings

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...