Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Christmas Sweater and Happy Thanksgiving!

I was so thrilled when a sweet friend said she would send me a few sheets of the Gina K. Designs Sweater paper pack which was an incentive from that company with a qualifying order. I did not order quite enough to get the pack but I so admired it and mentioned it in a post on Stamp TV. Today I got some happy mail with it included. So I decided I had to make a card using part of a sheet. And, to make it go further I only used a bit here and there between other layers so that I think I can get more cards from one sheet.


I chose to use stamps from the Gina K. Designs Christmas Wishes set. And, I confess. I messed up with the center snowflake so I simply made another and layered it onto red card stock and put it on the boo boo! It was too pretty to try and not salvage it.

Doesn't that remind you of the Christmas sweaters that often are seen this time of year. I think that is so cool and word is that later in the winter season Gina K. Designs will be offering the pack for sale. I do plan on buying that when the time comes.

Well, this will no doubt be my last post for this week. We have been invited to share the Thanksgiving feast with some neighbors who knew we were going to be by ourselves. So we are sure looking forward to enjoying some good eats and good fellowship. Then on the weekend is the wedding of our oldest daughter so we will be enjoying more good eats, fun and fellowship.

I am so thankful for all the great friends I have found in this lifetime and for my wonderful family. I wish all of you a most wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that Cindy is a gem! ;) Beautiful card, love the sweater look! Pretty card! :)

kittykat3308 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and
Your card is beautiful

Unknown said...

Great car, an haven a wonderful Thanksgiving and wedding

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, my, you do have a lot of festivities coming up, don't you??? How wonderful that your daughter is getting married. Our anniversary is today, so I know what it's like to have a wedding around Thanksgiving. Your card is delightful. I, too, love that patterned paper pack, and have not gotten it. I love your layout, and yes, it does look like a Christmas sweater. Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your weekend!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card mf...I really like the repeated pattern.
Congrats to your daughter...it will really be a magical time of year for you!

Peanut said...

Oh yes... those infamous sweaters! LOL. Yours is a thing of beauty, Verna.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...