Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Let It Snow!

I have noticed that tags are all the rage right now and even though I seldom use tags myself on packages I decided to make one and put it on a card for either winter time sending or even as a Christmas or New Year's card. After all, tis' the season for snow too! And, I think they said we might have some in our forecast for the next day or so. I am told it won't be too much though! But I would rather have snow than freezing rain.

I planned to enter this into the Mod Squad Challenge but apparently they already closed the thread for it. The rules must have been changed, but at least I tried to enter it.


I used the colors of white, red and silver. My center snowflake in the tag is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs. And, the other snowflakes and the sentiment are from the Gina K. Designs set called Fun Year Round which is illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger.

I hand cut the tag and used that as the focal image for my card. The snowflake was die cut out of the white part and then I added silver behind it. By die cutting another red snowflake I was able to glue that into the empty spot and have my flake backed by the silver paper. I then mounted the tag onto red paper and fussy cut around the edges to create a border.

I stamped several more snowflakes around on the base of the card as well. In the upper corners I added corner embellishments which are from a die by Cheery Lynn Designs. I always thing they dress up a card so much.

I completed the design by adding a silver snowflake ribbon to the tag which is from American Crafts and some gems. The center white pearl in the big snowflake die is from Eyelet Outlet and the other silver pearls with the white pearls around it are from Basic Grey.

Cheery Lynn Dies used:
DL 166 Snowflake 2
B161 Lace Corner Deco A

I am entering this in the following challenge:
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge

Well, since it is dreary rain filled day I thought I might as well do a little creative activity with stamps and dies. I don't know about you, but days like this tend to make me sleepy unless I can keep busy. So at least I stayed awake. LOL

As always I so appreciate your visits and comments.

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh loving your tag! All those snowflakes, intricate die cuts and the pretty red look fabulous!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful use of a tag, Verna, and lovely silver accents! The red brings out the festiveness of the season! BUT brrrrrrr! Snow? Yikes! We still have AC whirling here. I imagine, however, that your rural home is beautiful when first blanketed with crisp, white snow. And yes .... Snow is much preferred to freezing rain! XXOO

Barbara said...

Tags are really in I have noted. You can always place them on a card as you have done here. A great job with all of the die cuts, makes for a very festive card. So sorry that you missed the deadline. I recently made tons of tags with the scraps that i had in my scrap box. I saved images or dies that i cut and did not use and they came in handy for embellishments on the tags. And, I used them up. Good feeling!

Peanut said...

Beautiful card, Verna. And you added a tag too. I like the simple colours. Sometimes less is more. Great job!
hugs Asha

Unknown said...

Very pretty Verna. Usually make small tags here for presents so as to not really be noticed on the packages, but this idea could be used for a card/tag for them, :)

Lisa said...

Super fun card! Love your layering! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs.

Judy Woodland said...

Sorry you missed the Mod Squad Challenge. The challenge closes at noon on Tuesday now. It makes it easier for the hosts to have time to pick winners in a timely manner. Your card is beautiful, love the red and white with the silver. Well done!

Juliz Design Post said...

What a fun design and a great idea turning your tag into a card, also loving all your snowflakes. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Darnell said...

You've made a really glorious tag card, Verna! It's a shame you missed the challenge. You should enter it over at "Stamping With Loll"'s Twelve Tags of Christmas event. The gallery link is open until November 22nd and this would definitely fit the requirements!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...