Thursday, November 19, 2015

Making My Own Pattern Paper

This week the theme at the Mod Squad Blog Challenge is to make one's own pattern paper. I chose to use stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps to make my card design including the pattern paper I made to go with it.


My pattern paper is very simply done with one snow flake stamp. On the darker blue card stock I stamped the snow flake with Versamark ink and then added white embossing powder and heat set it. On the white card stock I added the snow flakes in with a matching blue ink. The two panels were the card front which were placed on a white card base.

Next I took a smaller panel of white card stock and on that I stamped the snowy pine trees. Around the sky portion I sponged on some blue ink. And, the bottom was left white to be the snow. And, on the snowy bottom was where I stamped the sentiment.

This was layered onto red card stock and then added to the front panels with a portion of each patterned paper area showing on the sides. I finished the card by adding a double bow ribbon and by also stamping a few snow flakes inside the card as well.

Kitchen Sink Stamps used are the following:
Multi Step Snowy Pine Trees LRGC 043
Greetings From the Woods SMC 041

I only had time today to finish this card that I started last night as today was wound care check up for me and also physical for hubby so you know where we were all day. LOL But I guess that needs to be done as well.

Well, I found out that company is coming Saturday so guess tomorrow will be spent putting all my crafty card making tools away so that we can eat around the kitchen table. It is nice to have a work surface but it isn't always handy when that is also where we eat and entertain guests.

So if I don't post again, I hope all have a wonderful weekend. And, thanks for all the lovely comments. I appreciate each one of them.

God bless,
Verna

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the two tone snowflakes you made--that's pretty clever! Great frosty card, wonderful trees and that is a fabulous bow too!

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely design, Verna!

Kathy Krug said...

the trees are so pretty. Love the design.

Peanut said...

Sp pretty.... and I see you decorated the inside too. That tree stamp is fab... with all the frosty bits. Have an amazing weekend!
x Asha

Judy Woodland said...

Hope you had a nice weekend with company. I love your card, especially the way you have used that snowflake in 2 different colors. Really pretty, and very effective. And of course those snow covered trees are stunning!!! I love that stamp set, and you have used it perfectly here!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...