Saturday, November 21, 2015

Monochromatic

I had company earlier today but after they were gone I worked on a card and had it ready to post for the Scrapy Land Challenge which is to make a monochromatic card. I went with green on green for this one. My mail yesterday brought a new die from Crafter's Companions which works for making Christmas cards. It is part of the Create-A-Card Christmas Collection series.


Now the great thing about this die is that the inside bauble can be used separately if one would like. And, I plan to use that alone and use it on some CAS cards as well. And, all the paper I used is from Crafter's Companion. Once I had the die cut frame added to the base card of lighter green, I then added the bauble die which was cut out of a darker shade of green.

The card was then finished by adding some pearls and glittered snowflakes which were sticky on both sides. I simply pealed off the outer sticker sheet and added the glitter and when it was covered to my satisfaction I then removed the back sheet of the sticker and attached it to the card. The snowflakes are from Scrapbook Adhesives. The glitter is from Sparkle N Sprinkle and is called Meadow Spark G1014.

Crafter's Companion has a lot of different Create-a-Card designs. I did like this particular one and it is called Decorative Bauble.

Well, it is a cold day here. This morning it was only 12 degrees above and still has not warmed up a whole lot. But with two of the grandsons here Grandpa put them to work helping him put the lights on our outside trees. That was a good time to take advantage of younger legs. So we are ready to turn them on after Thanksgiving.

Well, even though I had a busy week I am glad I managed to get a few more Christmas cards done. I might have to take a count and see how many more I will be needing too! I guess if I do go over they will be a jump start on next year. And, hardly any are the same design.

Well, have a great rest of the weekend.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty new toys to play with, Verna! Glad they work in a number of ways. Dies that mix and match give us more choices! Very pretty monochrome card!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the dies you used!! The pearls and the sparkly snowflakes are perfect touches!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Such a pretty tone on tone, green on green! Love the background die. Merry Merry!

Lori Kobular said...

Love your green on green card! That background die is gorgeous and I love the big ornament centered in the middle! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #30!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love the glitter on the snowflakes and the monochrome tone of this card. Just beautiful!!

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Verna. That green is absolutely lovely!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...