Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Ornament

Now to the ornament I chose to make for this year. It will be done in several different colors no doubt but I will show you the first draft of it today.



These were the dies I did not only for the ornament but for the card I did in the previous post.



For the ornament I chose the darker purple die cuts and then glued them to each side of the lighter lavender solid globe ornament. This way the design can be seen from every angle.


My next step was to make two little holes in the top so that I could thread a fine gold metallic fiber through the top.


I had this Lilac Pearl Pen and I used that to add some pearls to the ornament. I thought it dressed it up and made it a bit more elegant. Once it was dry on the first side I then turned it over and added pearls to the other side as well.

Memory Box Dies used:
Globe Ornament Style No. 98927
Portia Ornament Style No. 98920

I love doing ornaments out of paper. They are very light weight and also kid safe. I remember in year's past when there were only glass ornaments to decorate the trees with. They were gorgeous but if one fell off the tree and shattered it was a very bad situation as those tiny shards of glass were so fine it was hard to sweep or vacuum them all up. So I think to be on the safe side since I have small grandchildren I will stay with my paper ones.

Since this qualifies I will enter this also into the Scrapy Land Blog Challenge. The theme is Anything Goes.

Well, take care and hope this Sunday is a start of a wonderful week for you.

God bless,
Verna


6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love that ornament! It is so sweet and the Pearl Pen is a great addition to the ornament! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

Unknown said...

That is adorable! What a great design!

Barbara said...

So cute and sensible!

Judy Woodland said...

I love doing ornaments out of paper too, and try to do several to give away to family and friends. Have been doing it for years, so people probably have lots of them by now to hang on the tree. The one you have made this year is just beautiful. Love that die, and your color is fantastic. And the pearl is just the perfect final touch.

Unknown said...

Super idea Wish I had those die now a a grand coming for the weekend and could have been a project. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job on the ornament and love the color. The pearl pen adds a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...