Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thanks Veterans!

I made a Thank You card for all the veterans past and present who served so faithfully for our people and nation. May the Lord bless all of them. Thank you for your service! Also a big thanks to their families too as they had to sacrifice as well.


On Tim Holtz water color paper I embossed the flag image by Embossing Arts with Versamark and added clear embossing powder which was heat set. Then I took blue and red Color Burst water color granules and placed them on that same paper and spritzed them with water. This way the embossed image showed through as white as the design has a resist now. My last step before adding it to a darker blue card base was to stamp the Many Thanks sentiment from Gina K. Designs and add a little star gem by it.

Oh, and if I use dark card stock for the base card I always line it with some white or lighter colored card stock so I can add a special message which can be either hand written or stamped.

Thanks for stopping in and for all the comments you leave. I read and appreciate every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! We are a grateful nation! xo~

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Wonderful design Verna! The flag looks like it's floating, its beautiful.

Ken Oliver said...

Hi Verna, Your card is wonderful, what a beautiful tribute! I love how you use Color Burst.

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh this is gorgeous,Verna. A perfect card for today. You captured the spirit of the holiday perfectly.

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh this is gorgeous,Verna. A perfect card for today. You captured the spirit of the holiday perfectly.

Judy Woodland said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!! What an awesome stamp, I need to get that. Love how you did the Brushos too. You are becoming a master at this - thanks for the great inspiration once again!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very awesome flag painting!

Ina G said...

Oh Verna that stamp is amazing and I love how you made your card. Gave me goosebumps reading the words. Beautiful tribute.

Peanut said...

WOW! This is truly dramatic, Verna. LOVE it!
hugs Asha

Darnell said...

This is so vibrant and moving, Verna! That's the most controlled use of a powder medium I have ever seen! Hugs, Darnell

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...