Sunday, November 22, 2015

Holly Christmas

The old weather has been affecting me a lot of late, but to try and not have my mind on it I am doing at least a card a day. And, some of them are fairly clean and simple but still it is a therapy tool that works for me. This time I made a card for the new Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge.


I am not sure if you can tell but all the card stock is the shimmery kind and I got it from Crafter's Companion. The more ivory looking card stock is supposed to be a gold but it really looks more like ivory in real life too. Still it is so pretty and goes so well with the various shades of green and the red shimmery card stock! I will show another angle of the card which might showcase the shimmer a bit more. However, the true colors are more like the first photo.



The sentiment is from a Gina K. Designs set called Winter Cheer which was in a previous year's Stamp TV Kit. I decided there were so many stamps on that set that had not been used that I better take care of that matter this year. I like that it is a bolder type of sentiment.

The Cheery Lynn Designs Dies used are:
Card Maker's Stacker's Nesting Dies ST 014 Rectangle A2 Size
Holly Leaves B183
Lace Corner Deco B B162

The berries were done with an old fashioned circle punch. I added a bit of white gel pen to make them look a little more realistic!

Well, that's my post for today. We had snow overnight! Not a lot and most of it is melted away again. That is fine with me! LOL

Thanks for stopping in again!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE all your layers here, and the corner treatment. Beautiful use of die cuts, really great card!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous fonts in that sentiment, Verna! Wonderful card with happy, merry Christmas colors! XXOO

Unknown said...

Wow. This looks like the old fashioned type cards super.

Lisa said...

Super cute! Love the holly. Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs.

Unknown said...

Crafting is awesome therapy, for al that ails. Keep creating! Love your Christmas card, the Holly looks awesome as do the corners!

Kathy Krug said...

Great CAS design.

Karen Dunbrook said...

Beautiful, traditional feeling card...love how you added those corner details, really adds to the overall design.

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is so pretty, as always.Those corners you have on the card are so festive looking and are perfect for your Christmas card. (Sorry I haven't been by lately I have a project that needs to get done by Monday and I am under the gun.) I hope you and your family have a very Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving.

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely design. Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

Peanut said...

So pretty, Verna!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...