Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Bokeh Cat Window

The Die-Namites November Inspiration Challenge was recently sent out to me in an email and so today I worked up my take on the inspirational photo. I tried to use the colors and also tried to make a bokeh effect behind the window scene.


I sponged the colors I wanted to use onto white card stock and then took a pencil and used the eraser end to add white solid circles to it. I think it sort of resembles the bokeh look. My pattern paper chosen was some that I thought might look like how the wall paper might look in the darkened room. With the black die cut image it appears the cat is looking outside at the lit up scene. Let's imagine there is a street light outside near by. Ha ha! I fussy cut around the image before I added it to the background paper.

I topped the card off with a black ribbon bow. I thought it could serve as some curtains on the window. All was then mounted on a base card of ivory card stock.

Here is the inspirational photo I used:




The Die-Namites Die is below:


You know I find it so relaxing to sponge on colors randomly and today this was so fun for me to make this simple card design. I did not designate it for any occasion, but instead will leave it for now as a note type card which I can always add a sentiment to if needed. Looking at the design now I think I could have sponged on deeper hues of the colors and it might have looked better, but what is done is done. 

I hope your week is off to a great start. And, thanks for stopping by. I best go and wash off my inky fingers now. I guess that is all included in the fun!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It does look like the Bokeh Technique and it's beautiful! It also looks to me like the lights are on, the window is all aglow! So pretty!

Kathy Krug said...

Love this die and your card.

Karen Hasheck said...

This card and the whole design is super- love it!

Darnell said...

I think you nailed the inspiration photo, Verna! If you had gone darker, it would have competed with your great black cat silhouette; I like that it looks like a street light is on. And the black "curtains" bring the eye all the way around the focus pocus! Well done!! I also love the deep red mat you used for the room's "wallpaper!" Hugs, Darnell

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, this is so charming and beautiful! I love your bokeh in the background!!! Sweet kitty and perfect fussy cutting!

Barbara said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo. Also a very interesting technique that you used to get the Bokeh effect. You are one creative gal.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun inspired card -- great window die~

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute - that die would be so much fun to have, so many possibilities. Great colors and I love that background!

Peanut said...

Stunning! The bg colour is just the right shade. Any darker and the cat will be lost in the darkness. You played it juts right, Verna. LOVE that kitty die.
hugs Asha

D.Ann C said...

Awww... How cute is that!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...