Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tree In Window

I loved the way the other cards I made using the Duck Tape came out so I decided to make a tree with the tape and have it appear through a window. I will be entering this in the Scrapy Land Challenge too!


Here is another view and this time it shows how the light picks up the halographic design. Not sure if I spelled that right but I think you know what I mean. Anyway when the light hits it just right it almost seems like it has lights on the tree.

 
I sponged on some blue ink to white paper to use for the background before I glued the tree over the top of it. Then I cut along the die cut to make it look more like a window and popped that over the top with double stick tape to make it raised. Along the bottom I added a strip of white paper for a window sill. And, the last step was to add some ornate corners on the top before I added this to the white base card.

I thought about adding a sentiment but I like it this way and will instead add my sentiments inside the card.

Oh, here is a tip. In order to make the Duck Tape cover I had to add two layers to a thin card stock and then when I die cut this intricate die I used the metal shim plate so that it cut it out completely.

Dies used:
Die-Namites "Winter Fir" DN-1117
Cheery Lynn Designs FRM 142 Window B
Cherry Lynn Designs B162 Lace Corner Deco B

Well, I cleaned most of the day so decided this evening to work on this card. It sure beats housecleaning! Haha!

Everyone have a great evening and thanks for taking a look again!

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so super cool. I need to get some of this stuff!!! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the tree, and adding the window sill and the decorative corners. Sooo creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Verna! I love the brightness emanating from your tree! Thanks for joining us in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope to see your pretty projects again.
    happiness and hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! How fabulous.....you're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful view from that gorgeous window! I love how your tree shines! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a magical creation. Imagine having that view on Christmas day! WOW!
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that glitter tree - looks all lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Verna. is perfect without sentiment on the front

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog posts and for all the wonderful comments.