Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tree In Window

I loved the way the other cards I made using the Duck Tape came out so I decided to make a tree with the tape and have it appear through a window. I will be entering this in the Scrapy Land Challenge too!


Here is another view and this time it shows how the light picks up the halographic design. Not sure if I spelled that right but I think you know what I mean. Anyway when the light hits it just right it almost seems like it has lights on the tree.

 
I sponged on some blue ink to white paper to use for the background before I glued the tree over the top of it. Then I cut along the die cut to make it look more like a window and popped that over the top with double stick tape to make it raised. Along the bottom I added a strip of white paper for a window sill. And, the last step was to add some ornate corners on the top before I added this to the white base card.

I thought about adding a sentiment but I like it this way and will instead add my sentiments inside the card.

Oh, here is a tip. In order to make the Duck Tape cover I had to add two layers to a thin card stock and then when I die cut this intricate die I used the metal shim plate so that it cut it out completely.

Dies used:
Die-Namites "Winter Fir" DN-1117
Cheery Lynn Designs FRM 142 Window B
Cherry Lynn Designs B162 Lace Corner Deco B

Well, I cleaned most of the day so decided this evening to work on this card. It sure beats housecleaning! Haha!

Everyone have a great evening and thanks for taking a look again!

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, so super cool. I need to get some of this stuff!!! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Kathy Krug said...

I love what you did with the tree, and adding the window sill and the decorative corners. Sooo creative.

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous, Verna! I love the brightness emanating from your tree! Thanks for joining us in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope to see your pretty projects again.
happiness and hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! How fabulous.....you're so clever!

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful view from that gorgeous window! I love how your tree shines! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

Nancy said...

Very pretty Verna!!!

Peanut said...

Now that is a magical creation. Imagine having that view on Christmas day! WOW!
hugs Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that glitter tree - looks all lit up!

Unknown said...

love it Verna. is perfect without sentiment on the front

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...