Friday, November 20, 2015

Silver on Silver

I found a Memory Box die cut that was done in the halographic duck tape and decided to get it on a card before I lost it in the shuffle of putting things away. So I went with a silver on silver card with a white base which (although it does not show) has little flecks of silver glitter in it.


I had some silver layering weight paper from Crafter's Companion so I added that to the white base. Then I glued the die cut to that. I saved a couple of the elements that fell out of the die and added them to the upper right corner. On the opposite corner I added a white ribbon which had some silver along the edge which caught different colors much like the halographic paper did. The finishing touch was to add some white pearls.

The Memory Box die is called Merry Christmas Tidings Style No. 98643.

Well, back to the grind of cleaning. It is so funny how inspired you can get when you run across something you had earlier put aside. You never know when the right time will be for using it. I will enter this in the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Well, that's really it for me this week. Not sure if next week will produce any artwork or not as it is a busy time with Thanksgiving and another daughter's wedding on the weekend.

You all take care in the mean time and I thank you for looking at my work and leaving such wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Love that holographic duct tape! I'm thinking me holographic card stock might look good on these fine dies, too! It's a beautiful, festive card, Verna! How is your leg doing? Huggers, de

Barbara said...

Great photo of this sparkly card. I love it when inspiration hits and you just have to make a card. Have a lovely Thanksgiving next week Verna.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card -- very dainty die cut

Lori Kobular said...

That holographic duct tape looks amazing cut out with that die! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #30!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful. I need to look for some of that duct tape!! It's so sparkly and pretty, and I'm amazed how well it die cuts that intricate die. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Verna. Love tone on tone cards

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a fun and elegant looking card...very festive!

Peanut said...

How elegant is that!?! Well done, Verna!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...