Wednesday, December 2, 2015

O Holy Night

I love this die cut design and I made several of them this week and in different colors. But this one was my favorite color combination.


For my card I used the Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury card stocks in Cranberry Tart and Ivory. I also used a Gina K. Designs sentiment which I stamped on the open area. This sentiment is from the Christmas Joy set by Rupa Shevde.

The die is from the Die'sire Create-a-Card line which is from Crafter's Companion. It is called O Holy Night. It is the perfect size for an A2 card. And, it is flat enough so that you don't need to add extra postage either when sending through the mail.

I will be entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge and for my recipe choices I picked my favorite Christmas colors, a beautiful stamped sentiment and a die cut design.

I am also entering this in the Scrapy Land Challenge for this week which is Anything Goes.

Wow! And here I thought I would not be posting much this week, but as it turns out things are coming along quite well in my card making venture. I even got a short note printed out giving a little of what went on in our lives this year. After a doctor visit tomorrow and some shopping I will then start sending out Christmas cards this weekend.

Until next time have a wonderful life!

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Gorgeous die. Love it when the die does most of the work. This is really pretty in the red.

Barbara said...

Another great entry for this challenge. That die cut design is perfect and makes for a beautiful Christmas Card. Thanks for joining this week.

kittykat3308 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the angel on the star.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

What a great die - it says everything that Christmas is about. Beautiful color choice, LOVE Cranberry Tart. This whole card is just simply stunning!!

Unknown said...

Another great card Verna. That is one colour out of and have to wait to get to the US to get some,

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful! Love the color combo too.

Joyce Erb said...

Beautiful card! Great job on being able to start mailing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks awesome in the red & white!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful die cut! Perfect for the Season!

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! That die is amazing! Love the angel in the star! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #31!

Donna Ellis said...

Verna, this is beautiful! The die is wonderful! The dimensional star is perfect, drawing the attention to the promise.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Hugs, de

Peanut said...

Simply stunning, Verna. I'm loving this colour... and now you've got me humming this tune too!
x Asha

Nancy Hill said...

Verna - I love what you did with this die of adding the lovely angel in the star. That die is amazing and love your gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Scrapy Land and can't wait to see you next beautiful project or card with us soon. Nancy Hill, Scrapy Land Design Team

Rushd Lady said...

Beautiful in the red and white! I'm kinda partial to the red myself! Have a happy Christmas and stay well! Josh shared a wonderful virus with his mum and dad, so didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving except in bed, but loved the leftovers my mother-in-law sent over since I didn't feel like cooking anything anyway. Be good!

Mimi said...

These colors are beautiful for the scene... I'd love to see the other combinations you came up with! What fun.

Samra said...

Very pretty!!!
Thank you so very kindly for joining our challenge #31 at Scrapy Land!
Samra GDT
Paper Talk with Samra

Karen Dunbrook said...

LOVE it!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...