Thursday, December 31, 2015

Glittered Perky Poppy

Before Christmas I watched a video done by Demo Donna at Sparkle N Sprinkle where she demonstrated the Kiss Cut Glittered Background. So I was so enthused that I purchased all the supplies needed for it but just now have found time to try it out. And, since I had a Crossover and not the machine she was using I was not sure I could get it to work, but it did a wonderful job the first try. Here is the video if you care to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSmFliYMB8


As you can see I used my Crossover machine and I set the dial at 5 1/4. I also used Gina K. Designs heavy weight card stock and placed the Super Adhesive sheet over that before I cut the design of the poppy. I used my Tim Holtz tool to pick up the cut portions.

Here is a photo showing more of the glittery effect of the card design.


When I had all the glitter applied and worked into the adhesive areas I then cut it to the size I wanted and layered it with black card stock before I added it to the blue card base. I then added some blue rhinestone gems to dress it up even more. This will be a card that will work for many occasions and inside I can always add the appropriate sentiment.

Sparkle N Sprinkle glitters used are:
Black Ice G1020S
Orange Surprise G1010
Fascination G1030
Bridal G1029

The Memory Box Die I used is Perky Poppy Style No. 98762.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. We were to use at least one die cut. Well, I think with all the glitter used that one die cut is all I need to make an outstanding card design.

This was a fun morning. Yes, it only took me an hour to do this and I was so surprised I got it to work that well first time out.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too and since this is New Year's Eve I wish all of you a wonderful 2016. No big plans here and it will be just hubby and me in front of the tube no doubt watching the ball drop in Times Square. That is fine with me too!

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

It's beautiful Verna. You did an amazing job! Well done! Have a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!

Unknown said...

Oh this is sooooooooooooo pretty, loving all of that sparkle!

Kathy Krug said...

Love all that sparkle. Just the right amount of embellishment for your design. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

Unknown said...

Wow. Sounds like a fun one to make and turned out very pretty.

Peanut said...

Sounds like a fun technique. I must try it, Thanks for sharing, Verna.
x Asha

Patti J said...

Verna, this is gorgeous, my friend! Love the glitter! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...