Thursday, December 17, 2015

Winter Wonderland

Well, this week we had a snow storm and now our world pretty much resembles this scene I made with a neat new set I purchased from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I immediately thought of a fun winter scene when I saw it and since we have a similar view outside our window now I decided to make a few of these up. Good thing I did as some were sent off as last minute Christmas cards with the greetings inside.

But one thing about this set is that it can be used all winter long for fun cards and for lots of different occasions. This one is not designated as yet and could be a Thinking of You, Get Well, New Year's or a Birthday just by adding a different inside greeting. And it sure looks like it would be fun to take a sleigh ride.


I cut a piece of junk mail by making curves and used that as a mask to make a bank of snow by just sponging on the blue above the mask. I then stamped the trees and the sleigh. And, the final touch was to add some snow flakes and some snow also on the trees and the sentiment. I used a white gel pen for that. Then the scene was layered to red card stock and placed on a base card of white.

Very easy card to make and I just love the stamp set which is Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set 744 Sleigh Ride. I also made several of these on some Stampin' Up Shimmery White card stock. In the sky portion it looks like stars or snow falling when tilted and in the snowy part it looks like sparkling snow. I decided I need to get more card stock like that for my winter scenery cards.

Since this is not a Christmas card I am going to enter this into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. At least I got one card posted this week on my blog. Now it is back to cleaning. Ugh!

Thanks for stopping by and I so appreciate your wonderful comments. Keep them coming!

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

What an adorable card. I love that stamp too - and so versatile. I really like that you stamped the image in red instead of black, and then the snow falling really makes this card pop. We still don't have any snow, and the grass is still green.....what's up with that?? Great take on the challenge,
thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Verna! Lovely, unexpected colors for a wintry scene! Love your card! Hugs, de

Olga Moore said...

Such a lovely and serene winter scene. Love the trees and falling snow. The red sleigh really pops against the white snowy background.

Peanut said...

What a beautiful scene, Verna. Lovely colour-combo.
x Asha

Ina G said...

So so pretty Verna. Such a beautiful snowy scene. Love the sleigh in red. Makes it stand out nicely.

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous winter card. Right Verna, could be used for any winter card at all.

Kathy Krug said...

What a fun scene. I have always wanted to go on a sleigh ride. Love that you used the red it really pops off the background.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...