Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter Sunflower Sympathy

Again I went with die cuts except for the sentiment to make my sympathy card. I used a Die-Namites die and a stencil to decorate the ivory card stock front of the base card. This will be entered in the Die-Namites Challenge.


I cut the die first with green card stock and then again cut it with yellow. To make the red/orange center I used Galaxy Markers to color it in. I also used a fine Bic Mark-It to add some petal lines too.

The background was made with the Sheena Douglas Graphic Equalizer decorative stencil which I purchased at Crafter's Companion. I moved it slightly over and re-inked the stencil to make more lines in the design. The sentiment is from Rubberstamp Avenue.

Here is the inspirational photo we were to use.


And here is the die I used for the focal image of my card design.

Winter Sunflower

Now this can be used for either a man or a woman in my opinion so I will consider it a more neutral sympathy card. I saw that beautiful die and since I am a great lover of sunflowers I was surprised to see there was even a winter one around. I even looked online to see what colors were correct for it and it resembled more of a red center then the brown ones I see in our neck of the woods.

Well, time to call it a day for crafting and make my evening meal. It is going to be another chilly night I think and last night we had the wood furnace burning all night long which kept us nice and cozy warm. If you are in the colder climate, I wish you a nice warm night too.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Woo awesome Verna! Love your stenciled background and the flower is beautiful! Great take on the challenge picture!

Peanut said...

WOW! You've really rocked the inspiration photo. Well done, Verna. Wishing you an amazing 2016.
x Asha

Unknown said...

Love that background stencil, looks really neat! Pretty sunflower....sorry you need a sympathy card, but this one will surely bring comfort. Love the inspirational photo too!

Susanne Rose said...

Love your card! Thank you for playing along in the Die-Namites Challenge. Use "susanne15" to save 15% on your next order in the Die-Namites online store. xx Susanne.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...