Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Stippled Christmas Trees

Well, here I am again. And, this was a really quick card to make as I used a left over negative  of a die cut pine tree and created a stippled design. I used the Gina K. Designs Edible Eggplant dye ink to stipple in the trees and then added some rhinestones. I then finished it by adding the Gina K. Designs sentiment from the Winter Cheer set. Really an easy peasy card design. Oh, I also brushed my stipple brush along the bottom to sort of give the illusion of a snow buildup beneath the trees.


It pays to go through the left overs from die cuts and see if the negatives can be used in a creative way. I am really liking this and might have to do a few more as it went so quick. And, I am in the rush mode now. LOL

Thanks again for stopping in and for all the nice comments.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Another great CAS design.

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW those trees are really cool. Love the look you got. Looks like you have been busy making Christmas cards. They are all beautiful. Have a great week.

Karen Hasheck said...

So pretty- and so easy to make. Going to CASE this one for sure:)

Barbara said...

Love this CAS designed card. You were so thinking out of the box with the eggplant color, but it is gorgeous. I agree, you can do so much with the negatives and die cuts that you don't use. I completed tons of Christmas tags with the ones from my scrap box.

Unknown said...

hahaha so much for not making cards, I think this is your 3rd post since I read that! GREAT! Crafting is good for the soul! Beautiful card, love the softness of the trees! Merry Merry!

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE this so much. Those trees are ethereal looking, and oh so pretty. I love the soft look of them, and that little swipe of color at the bottom just finishes it off. Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Great idea. Love using negatives and this turned out beautiful and so CAS.

Carolyn said...

Great idea, Verna. Your cards are always well done and I enjoy viewing them. Enjoy December and the festivities and family time.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your trees look fabulous!

Peanut said...

What a clever little project, Verna. And very pretty too!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...