Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sparkle and Shine

I find myself a few cards short so I am working late to try and catch up again. This is one I did and I used mostly die cuts and just stamped the sentiment which is from the Gina K. Designs Winter Cheer set. I am entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog challenge for this week and also in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge.



It doesn't show quite as much in this top photo of the glitter that is embedded in the holly leaves so I tried to get a better view of it. It is a bit blurry but I think you can see the glittery effect. The paper I used with the glitter for the leaves is a varigated green throughout it. Oh, and I used Stardream card stock for the layer and the main card base,



I cut the oval out of the bluish layer of Stardream card stock and attached it to the base card of white Stardream card stock. I then placed the holly leaves and red rhinestone gems around that oval cutout. The sentiment was stamped with red ink, The last step was to add the double loop bow of red chiffon which was trimmed with a glittery gold edging.

The Cheery Lynn Dies I used:
Stackers Nesting Dies Ovals-Classic XM-7
Holly Leaves B183

I have had a productive day. Started off with making a casserole to take to the church pot luck. We Lutherans like our casseroles. LOL And, then after church I came home and made some peanut clusters and then later in the day made some chocolate covered pretzels. I had so many pretzels in the sack so decided to use them up somehow.

I have another full sack of pretzels. Hubby was sent to the store a couple weeks ago to get me a bag of pretzels and since they were two for a certain price, of course he came home with two big bags. The rest of them will be put into the Chex Mix which will be done this week some time. Then I think all my snacky things will be done for this season.

Well, thanks for stopping in and looking and now I think this old crafty lady has to get to bed and try and get a good night's rest. I hope all of you rest well too.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

I know what you mean, I thought I was done until I checked my list. Love the sparkle on the holly leaves and design of the card.

Unknown said...

Love your card..especially the variegated greens. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Lisa Babitz said...

Great sparkle on your die cut holly leaves. Love your rhinestone berries, too!

kittykat3308 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful

Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

Love all the sparkle and shine on this card. Beautifully done, my friend!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome holly die -- I got your lovely Christmas card -- Thank you!

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful festive layout Verna and I can imagine there is a super sparkle to your card IRL. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely card! Great sparkle and varigated color. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

Unknown said...

Love the sparkly holly and that big beautiful bow! Merry Merry!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a lovely holiday card Verna! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Peanut said...

Loving all that glitter and sparkle!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...