Monday, December 7, 2015

Toadally Awesome!

Now that I have my Christmas card making pretty much under control I decided to take a break and do a card using a different theme. I decided on a card that might appeal to my grandkids.  I know I will be needing cards for them for various reasons. And, this Great Impressions set would work for a birthday, get well or even for a valentine design with that sentiment.



To compliment the image I used my Memory Box Cross Stitched Dies to add layers. The image was colored with my Copic markers. And, once all the layers were together on the white card stock base I then added the double bow of green gingham ribbon to finish it off.

I am entering this in the Great Impressions Blog Challenge which is Anything Goes. The stamp set I used is called Toadally Awesome SKU: OHW101

Well, most likely this will be my last post of the week as I have to concentrate on cleaning and baking pretty much from now on. And, once I get the house cleaned I don't want to get paper snips and such all over the place again. LOL And, I love to watch Christmas movies in this season of joy so that is part of my plan too! I may post things I bake or concoct.  I know Chex Mix is on the list. In the meantime take care and have a great rest of the week.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Aloha dear Verna, what a super precious card! I do love frogs and stitched border dies. What fun colors! I hope you can put your feet up in between baking and concocting ♥ Sweet hugs to you ♥

Lisa Babitz said...

How cute is this?! I love it!!!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Darling! Love those stitched die cuts! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Such a cut card Verna, Have looked at that set many times but nobody here to make one for. Adorable.

Judy Woodland said...

Super, super cute, and I love the stitched borders around those layers. And that sweet image is perfect, love your coloring. Yep, we are all busy, busy, busy these days, aren't we? It's part of the fun of the season, I think. Making special things for special people. What a wonderful world we live in!!!

Mynn xx said...

Verna, this is fabulously! I love the stitched layers and fabulous color combo! Just darling! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Hugs! :) Mynn xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

He totally makes me smile! Fun card~

Peanut said...

Oh Verna! That is just super cute!!!
x Asha

Darnell said...

Your card is toadily awesome, Verna! The kids will love it! Funny, it's the second froggie card I've seen today which means it's going to be a VERY good day!! Have fun baking and (enduring the) cleaning! I wish you the best Christmas ever! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Unknown said...

Apparently I stopped reading too soon.....lol....okay I had the Eggnog nearby! ;) He is still ADORABLE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions! Merry Merry!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...