Sunday, June 28, 2015

Another Spud Christmas Tree Card

Hahaaa! In case that is not a familiar term to you, here in our neck of the woods we sometimes call a potato a "spud". Thus the title of my post. While the carved potato tree stamp was still fairly fresh I took it and stamped out a whole bunch of them on a white sheet of card stock and will use them for future Christmas card designs. I enjoyed doing that card yesterday and also today when I made another design with it.


This time I fussy cut around the tree leaving a slight white border. I decorated it with some red rhinestones and then popped it up on a red die cut circle using a Cheery Lynn Designs die. That was added to a Spellbinder scalloped circle cut from green card stock.

I found some scraps and used them to make a background strip using the pattern paper from Gina K. Designs and some red card stock. I blinged it up with some red rhinestones. Then I popped the layered tree design to the card.

I finished the card by adding the sentiment which is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set 507 Christmas Holly. I just love that sentiment.

Since I have another card using a veggie I will enter this one too into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which we were to make a Christmas card using a veggie if we wanted to. It is not required but if you do you get an extra entry. So why not? It is a challenge for sure then.

Another lovely Sunday here. I hope you enjoyed the day as well.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Verna, you are on a roll! Another fabulous potato-stamped card! I love it! I'm so glad you found time to play! And glad you had a great visit with your granddaughter! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
3 Girl JAM DT

Carolyn said...

Verna, who would have thought to carve a stamp from a potato. I have carved stamps but not from vegetables. You did a fantastic job and already have a couple of cards for the holidays. WAY TO GO!
Have a fun, creative week.

Judy Woodland said...

Your spud trees make me smile. Love this card, you better find someone extra special to send it to this Christmas! And make sure they know you made the tree with a potato...lol.

Unknown said...

Another spud lol love it! Just another wonderful Christmas card! So, did you make mashed potatoes last night? :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...