Monday, June 22, 2015

Faux Foil Thank You

Good Monday morning to all! After a stormy night we now have bright sunshine and just a gentle breeze and not the strong winds like we had during the night. So it is a beautiful morning and I hope where you are you can say the same.

A few months ago hubby got a red mylar balloon after he finished cardio rehab as part of his graduation from the course. Well, after the balloon deflated I saved a portion of it and glued a square onto some card stock to try an experiment with it. Yesterday I finally got to try it and first I tried to dry emboss it but it did not seem to hold the embossing very well but it did give it texture so I used it to make this thank you card.


My card stocks of choice were a deep pink and white for the base card. I cut the B540 Thank You 2 die from Cheery Lynn Designs with the foil for my sentiment and put it aside until it could be glued to the deep pink panel.

I then took some of the flowers from the Doodle Flowers set by Inkadinkadoo and after applying an anti static bag over the card stock I embossed the doodle flowers with Stamp-n Stuff Tinsel Red embossing powder. (I am not sure if that brand is even made anymore because it was one of the first powders I ever purchased so it is very old.) With a Ranger White Opaque gel pen I colored in the flowers.

Now that all the heating was done on the card I finally glued on the Thank You sentiment. I did not want to risk melting the mylar as I am pretty sure it would do that since it is sort of like plastic.

My last step for this card was to add the focal pink panel to another layer of the mylar balloon covered card stock before I layered it onto the white card base. I had a small strip of the mylar covered card stock left so I added that to the inside to tie it to the front design.

I am entering this CAS card into the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge for this week which is Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a great start.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Diane said...

Greetings Verna, wow what a gorgeous card design.

Hugs Diane

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn said...

Beautiful card and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VERNA. May you enjoy many more happy creative years.

Rosy Newlun said...

I love your idea, Verna -- a mylar balloon - wow!!! This is just stunning. I hope you win the challenge with this beauty! Hope your hubby is doing well, too ♥

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful. How clever of you to save that balloon - leave it to frugal you!! Great layout and colors, LOVE this card!!!

Donna Ellis said...

You are so ingenious, Birthday Girl! What a great idea of using interesting texture which would have been thrown away! LOVE it, and thank you for explaining how you did that! (you might consider adding a label for someone like me that says mylar balloon recycle) LOL Then I can find it much more easily when looking for how to do it! LOL

Thank you for an enjoyable afternoon browsing all your pretty projects this month. I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks lovely! Happy Birthday too!!

Peanut said...

What a clever idea to recycle! Makes this card extra special!
xxx Asha

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very nice Thank You card. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Unknown said...

Would never thought of using a balloon, You are absolutely super at creating from things you have to add to the cards. Wow.

Becky said...

This is wonderful Verna, so creative.

Karen said...

Love the simple and sweet and bold red color! Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge, and good luck!

shulsart said...

Wow, what a cool idea with great results. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...