Saturday, June 27, 2015

Christmas With a Twist

When the challenge at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog was posted I was hoping I would find time to make at least one entry for it. Just check it out! The twist is that you can use (but not required) a vegetable and carve a design on it or use it somehow for a stamp on your project. Doesn't that sound like fun? I feel like a little kid again carving up my potato into a stamp.


I also used the sentiment from Sparkle N Sprinkle from the Christmas Holly stamp set 507. I thought it worked in so well. I used a red Galaxy Marker to make red bulbs on my trees made with a potato stamp. Once it was layered to red card stock I then added the gingham ribbon and placed it on the base card of white card stock. I also added a tree to the inside and decorated it as well so that it would be tied to the front design. My ink colors were Gina K. Designs Cheery Red and Fresh Asparagus.

Well, it has been a wonderful weekend so far. Today I got to baby sit with my almost one year old granddaughter Anna and even got some stamping time in. Little Anna always makes me happy with her giggles and grins.

I hope your weekend is going great too. And, thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute, and so creative. What fun carving a potato. This card is so wonderful - great take on the challenge!! Well done!

Unknown said...

So clever and original and beautiful all at once! Well done!

Dawn S. said...

Love your trees! You did a great job of cutting the potato.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to use your vegetables! :)

Leslie said...

Such an awesome project- I love every single detail! :) Your potato stamp is fabulous, Verna! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in my "Christmas With a Twist" challenge this week!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
3 Girl JAM DT

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. Love that you did this, as would take a finger off here, so not gonna happen. :) Makes a cute card.

Joyce Erb said...

That potato made a great tree! Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...