Saturday, June 13, 2015

Beyond the Sea

I again worked on a simple tag card with a masculine theme sporadically this week in between other tasks and finally finished it today. I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which one is to use a tag.


I used a strip of leftover glossy card stock to which I had added Blue Bister powders and then spritzed with water. I always felt this was a great frothing sea water in my mind so I decided to make it a sea scene on the tag.

The ship image which was originally by Ink Blocks is now owned by I Brake For Stamps and the sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Beyond the Sea 2 set. I stamped the ship with adding two different shades of brown to it. I layered light blue and brown card stocks against the main card of ivory. My tag uses twine on it and was also layered onto the light blue card stock. I then added a few blue rhinestones here and there on the brown layer. The card was finished with the addition of the wood ships steering wheel.

Well, I have dishes awaiting me and then it will be time to start on the evening meal plans. Have a great weekend everyone.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

just an awesome card mf.

Dawn S. said...

Super card! Love the water and the little ship's wheel!

Judy Woodland said...

Your water is perfect - love the effect that Bistros has on glossy card stock. Great tag card, and that wooden wheel is just the perfect final touch!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

The water is amazing and looks great with the ship. Love the background and blue around the tag. This is a winner for me. Thanks for joining in the Mod Squad challenge this week.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the background and that beautiful boat stamp. The ship wheel is the perfect accent.

Joyce Erb said...

Very realistic water. Great tag! Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Peanut said...

Stunning masculine card, Verna! The water looks so real. WOW!
hugs, Asha

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Love your little scene Verna! The dimension and blending in your ocean is fabulous! I'll have try my Bister powders on glossy - never thought of that.

Unknown said...

YOWZA! That is one fantastic Tag on a Card! WOW! Great background and images and wooden accent. Love it all, Verna!

Rushd Lady said...

Love the tag on the card! I bet "Just Cards" mag would like this one! Hint! Hint! =0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

FABULOUS frothy water! Really stunning~

Carole R said...

Awesome card Love the frothy water!

Unknown said...

Makes a beautiful scene. and yes, it makes the perfect water for the ship. Hope this is not the second one for you to cancel. Many times says publishing and nothing comes up, so have to redo, and other times comes up either published or waiting for approval. :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...