Monday, June 1, 2015

Masculine Sympathy

A neighbor of ours who was in the farming profession died suddenly so I created this card in hopes it would bring comfort to his family during this time of grief. I wanted a card that reflected the countryside and I ran across this older set from Cornish Heritage Farms called Sympathy Collage which I thought seemed perfect for my card.


I stamped the lower grasses with two colors of green ink and then just a portion of the stamp was done in black towards the bottom. I then stamped the butterflies in black ink and colored them in with my Bic Mark-It alcohol ink pens. The last part of the scene was to sponge on some light blue for the sky.

This panel was then layered to black card stock and added to a white card base. My sentiment from the set was stamped in black and sponged with blue. I then added it to a black layer of card stock before I placed it on my card.

I again used some of the grass and one of the butterflies to add to the inside of the card to make a connection between the outside and the inside.

This card will be entered into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week which calls for masculine cards.

Thanks for looking and as always I love to see your comments.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Perfect and just lovely! I am sure your friends will appreciate the thoughtfulness of this card.
Hope hubby had a great birthday!

Barbara said...

So sorry for the sudden loss of your friend. I am sure that this specially made card will give them some comfort. It is all so hard.

Judy Woodland said...

Sorry about your friend, this card will certainly bring comfort. Love your butterflies and beautiful colors. Awesome card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I'm sorry you needed this card, but it is pretty~

Joyce Erb said...

Th scene is very nice and I am sure will be comforting to the family. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>

Anne Temple said...

Your sympathy card is lovely and such a calming scene. I know the family will appreciate it too.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful
Thanks for the visit to my blog. Your support and kind comments are very much appreciated!
hugs mf....hope you are feeling better.
Karen

Unknown said...

That is a perfect card for a sympathy. A scene they would appreciate and relate to means a lot.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...