Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Keep It Krafty!

Guess what the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge calls for this week? Yup! It is to use Kraft paper so since I love to use Kraft paper with any color range I figured I best try and make a card for the challenge.

This is the card I created while the little one went with Grandpa to town. I found a time to be alone for a bit so I decided to make good use of it.


I used Gina K. Designs Kraft and Christmas Pine card stocks for the card as well as the Christmas Pine ink from Gina K. Designs.

My background on the Kraft card stock was a Cheery Lynn Designs Embossing Plate E143 Leaves to which I added the Christmas Pine ink before I ran it through the Crossover. This made a great background design which I think is so pretty. I layered this onto Christmas Pine before I adhered it to the Kraft base card.

Next I cut out a Christmas Pine Cheery Lynn Designs XL-12 French Flair-Classic die cut for my outer layer and the inner layer was cut with the same set using the Kraft card stock. On the inner layer I stamped the Gina K. Designs sentiment.

Along the bottom of the card my Cheery Lynn B122 Ribbon Eyelet Border Die was cut with the Christmas Pine card stock. I opted to not add the ribbon to it and use it just as a border.

The last step in finishing my card was to add a coupe of  stacked Prima flowers to which I added a button in the center. The button was originally a shank type but I cut that off so it would lay flat on the bloom.

Well, thanks for stopping in and I must say it was fun to be a little "krafty" today. LOL

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh sweet! I love working with kraft too. The colors you used are very popular (and one of my favorites). Nothing like squeezing in a card when you have some quiet time! Glad you have little ones to be with you and your hubby!!! Now I need to look up what a Crossover is :-)

Barbara said...

This color combo with Kraft and Christmas pine turned out so sweet. Love the design and how you made a quick one, while grandpa and the little one where gone.

Unknown said...

Kraft is so versatile, you can dress it up or keep it fully rustic. Love your color combo and this lovely design, very pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

So glad you got some time for yourself!! I LOVE kraft and you have used it perfectly here. I love that soft teal color you have chosen to go with it, and your layout is just great. You have made me want to pull out some kraft paper - just beautiful!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Your colour combo is beautiful and makes such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful. Love the dp and the colors.

Unknown said...

So beautiful Verna!! I love the color combination you used.

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck in the draw.

shulsart said...

Lovely card, Verna, I really like the Kraft and Christmas Pine color combination. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Eva said...

This is such a sweet card...love your color combo! Thank you so much for participating in this week's challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Peanut said...

This colour combo is so classy. It's simple but very elegant. Great job, Verna.
xxx Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...