Sunday, June 25, 2017

#3 Summer Coffee Card

For my third card for the 2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop I created a CAS type using some pattern paper that I did a copy and paste technique onto a Word doc. using the sun cup from the Verve Rise and Shine digital set.


I colored the cups pattern paper I made with some bright summer type colors using the Zig markers and then layered the paper onto black card stock. I then added a Stamplorations Cutplorations coffee die cut over some black card stock and added that over the top. Next I added this design to the base card of summer shade of orange card stock. The finishing touch was to add a line of rhinestones and black gems which were in sticker form. The rhinestones were originally clear but I colored them in with the same colors I used on the cups. The coffee die was cut from some foiled paper using Deco Foil called Amber Watercolor. I thought that gave it a bit more of an elegant look and reminded me of coffee too.

I hope your Sunday is going great. Yesterday afternoon my family threw a surprise party for me and it was so much fun. We had over 51 guests who attended so we had some good fellowship and great lunch too. I sure am feeling blessed for all the neat things turning 70 brought. Sort of takes the pain away of feeling so old. 😊 Also thanks for all the wonderful visits and comments you make. 

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Ann said...

Cute card, love the sentiment down the middle.

Liz said...

Lovely card, the rhinestones and gems are a perfect finishing touch.

Happy belated birthday! xx

Annette Allen said...

fun stamped background.. great card.

Celeste Goff said...

Love those great sunshiny mugs and that awesome pop of gold!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, L*O*V*E the paper you made with all the cups - fabulous!

Rosy Newlun said...

That's really beautiful work creating your background, Verna! I love your sentiment, too.

~amy~ said...

What fun digi paper you designed! Love that coffee sentiment!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous die cut word shape and love the added twinkle on the side!

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card. I love that "coffee" die cut, perfect on this creation!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute card, Verna!

Hetty said...

Great design, very sunny!
Lovely card.

Peanut said...

Another fab card, Verna. The repeat design background is a clever move.
x Asha

D.Ann C said...

Love this layout and the great background!

Fikreta said...

its very pretty!

Cynthia Cole said...

Lovely card and that word die!

Lisa said...

Such a fun card..and a surprise party! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that nice! I like that pattern paper you've created! And it is a great card too! :)
xx Ashwini

Vivian Foo said...

Those rhinestones and gems are great to add to your card.

Helen F. said...

Awesome pattern of to go cups and the 'coffee' die is fab!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...