Sunday, June 4, 2017

Quick CAS Sympathy

A couple weeks ago I was in need of a sympathy card ASAP (as soon as possible) and so I worked up a quick single layer design on a white card base using a stamp I just love from Penny Black. It is called Dreamy. In fact, I made two cards so that I had a spare on hand for future use. And, I added the sentiment from A Jillian Vance Design stamp set called Simply Said: Sympathy. That is another favorite set of mine.


I used my Tombow markers to add color directly to the stamp which was placed in my MISTI. That way I could keep adding more color until I got the look I was achieving. I worked with green for the stem and on the bloom I used blue and purple. After I added the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink I then took some of the blue marker and scribbled onto a plastic lid and diluted it with water. Then with a brush I flicked some splats onto the card to add more design factors.

I am entering this in the Penny Black and More Challenge-Anything Goes. 

Thanks for your wonderful visits and comments.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is beautiful and will be so appreciated!

Donna Ellis said...

It's lovely, Verna. The stamp is wispy and sweet, as though it is releasing itself to the wind. The mixture of blues and black is beautiful. Hugs, de

Darnell said...

Look at you making a dreamy and perfect CASlicious card, Verna! It is a lovely design for a sympathy card. Hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

Love that stamp you used Verna. Hoping to pick it up at a craft show Cheryl & I are going to at the week end. Beautiful cas card and a lovely finish with the splatters.

brenda said...

Such a very stylish card Verna, love this PB stamp and you have encouraged me to give mine an inking again. Many thanks for joining our 7th Birthday challenge at Penny Black and More.

B x

Dawn S. said...

What a lovely, CAS sympathy card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Clean and simply beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

turned out beautifully mf...love that technique for adding colour. What we do without our Misti?!
happy stamping,
xx Karen

Joyce Erb said...

Sorry you needed the card but it turned out great. Simple & elegant.

Macimbalo said...

This is gorgeous, I'm sure it will be a comfort to the recipient. I love all the subtle details.

Unknown said...

If one can classify a sympathy card as beautiful. It is!! So simple and clean yet fits the need perfectly. Love that stamp

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful sympathy card with a lovely clean and simple but effective design! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge. sorry to be so late in commenting; i'm recuperating with a new hip.
linda

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...