Saturday, June 17, 2017

Cool Popsicle Birthday

Wow! It is amazing what one can get done for card making when you don't have to cook meals and do so many dishes. My hubby got a Father's Day gift of an outing to a rodeo and also the next day to our state capitol in Pierre where he was going to see the Vietnam Memorial and also a museum. Since it involved a lot of walking to go these places I opted to stay home and make cards. I got ten cards done for future projects so I was happy with that. I will share one I made today with some new stamps and dies I got in the mail today. I could not wait to try using them. And, I love how they look too.


I love popsicles and I went with Mango, Pineapple and Strawberry! And, I was so glad I remembered I had some ribbon with popsicles all over it in a row that was a great asset for this card design. I think this is perfect for a summer birthday.

I used the Sunny Studios Perfect Popsicles Stamps and Dies sets. My base card is similar to a lime green and the center panel is like a lemon yellow which was die cut with a Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle die.

I think this is a cool, cool fruity delight for a card and I am so glad I purchased those multi-step popsicle stamps and dies. The inks I used were those from Gina K. Designs but I am sure there are many brands that would work great too!

I am entering this in the Dies R Us Challenge#75 where we are to make a card or project for a celebration.

Thanks for stopping in and I hope all the Dads out there have a wonderful Father's Day.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Mia said...

I love your card, Verna. It is so cute!

Ina G said...

This IS fabulous Verna. Love the bold bright colours. Perfect sentiment.

Rosy Newlun said...

Those look good enough to eat! I love the brightness of your whole card! Hugs to you!!

Barbara said...

Cool celebrations card. Love the simplicity and the bright colors on this very real looking popsicle card. Delicious!

Darlene said...

What a 'delicious' make Verna! You've made my mouth water for a Popsicle now! LOL Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Celebrations’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Judy Woodland said...

Whoa-I am drooling right now!!! You have captured those quescently frozen confections perfectly!!!!!

Donna Phelan said...

This is super cool.....SLURP! 10 cards....WHOA! Can't wait to see the rest! Enjoy your crafty time!

Darnell said...

Those popsicles look so real you had me looking at the bottom of the card for drips, Verna! This fun design really is the best for a summer birthday card!! (You'll have to think up future outings for your Mister, lol!!) Hugs, Darnell

Dawn S. said...

Great card. Such perfect ribbon to go with the popsicles!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such yummy popsicles! Just right for the heat we have right now!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cool card! Love the popsicles!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, my favorites, orange, banana and raspberry! I can taste them now. What a fun and cool card this is. It is nice when you can craft away at your own time.

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute card...I always love coming here to see what you have been up to!
xx Karen

Kathy Krug said...

I can't believe how realistic these popsicles are. I love the ones that are made with real fruit especially the pineapple ones. Yuummmm. Great colors and layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
Kathy
DRU DT

Diane said...

Loving this card that looks good enough to eat!! Thank you for joining our challegne at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...