Saturday, June 3, 2017

Black, White and a Pop of Color

This card is an all around type of card that with a different sentiment added inside could be used for many occasions. I chose black, white and a pop of turquoise for my card using stamps from the Gina K. Designs Sending Love stamp set.


I stamped the images and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and when they were dry I mixed Zig Clean Color waterbased markers of black, dark gray and light gray with water and used a brush to add color to the images. The splatters on the background were also added with these colors.

I die cut the top panel out with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die and then added the turquoise ribbon. This was then layered onto some black card stock before adding it to the base card of white card stock. The finishing touch was to add some turquoise rhinestones to the flowers and to the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping in and I hope your Saturday is going well. Take care and I look forward to your next visit. Oh, and thanks for the wonderful comments you always leave me too.

God bless,
Verna


12 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design, Verna. The floral corner is balenced beautifully with the butterflies and ribbon.

Judy Woodland said...

So beautiful, I love how you have used those stamps. I'm pinning!!!! Gret take on the challenge, I'm such a fan of black and blue together. Gorgeous!!!

Joyce Erb said...

This is stunning, love it

Darnell said...

This is my new favorite of your cards, Verna! It is simply gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

Verna this is GORGEOUS! So elegant!

Inkyfingers said...

This is a stunning card Verna! I love the composition and the cross stitch frame suits it perfectly.
Hugs
Carol x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty image with the scrolling -- lovely using the light blue

scrappymo! said...

So pretty. Love that stamped swirly floral image. It is perfect with the butterflies.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I think this is such a pretty card...the hints of blue are just lovely mf.
xx Karen

Lagene said...

BEAUTIFUL! Just enough blue!

Macimbalo said...

This is gorgeous Verna! Love that pop of blue!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Verna. Love the touch of turquoise

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...