Friday, June 2, 2017

Bluejay

Taking a break from the foiling for a bit and worked up a CAS masculine design which also features masculine colors. I am entering this in the Stamplortions June CAS Card Challenge in which the theme is Anything CAS Goes with the twist being masculine colors.


I used the cardinal stamp from The Birds and The Blooms stamp set from Stamplorations but colored him so that he looked like a bluejay instead. I colored the image with Zig Clean Color Markers and added some of them to a clear plastic lid and watered them out to fill in the lighter areas. Afterwards I added some white using a white paint pen.  My final step was to take some of the same Zig colors I had used and diluted them with water and then added some splats with a paintbrush to the background,. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

This took longer to photograph I think then it actually did to make the card design. And, I like it. This can be a very versatile card which will work for many occasions.

Thanks for stopping in and for your sweet comments. Have a wonderful weekend!

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Incredible artwork, Verna! Your use of color, and careful placement of that color, bring out Nature's beauty. Lovely masterpiece! xx

Barbara said...

You did an outstanding job changing this bird to a blue jay. He is magnificent.

Donna Phelan said...

Great colors, I always love birds on cards and your Blue Jay is so regal!

Judy Woodland said...

This is beautiful!!! You can interchange a cardinal and blue Jay easily, do it all the time. Your coloring is perfect here, and I love what you have done with the background. Really pretty card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! This is colored brilliantly!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Gorgeous coloring!

Macimbalo said...

This is beautiful and I love your splats!

Unknown said...

This makes a gorgeous card for a male or a "bird" person.

Terri Koszler said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in with the STAMPlorations CAS card challenge.

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love your coloring on the bird! Thanks so much for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge!
Lisa

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...