Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Sparked It Up!

I recently got this freebie stamp as an incentive from Gina K. Designs and today I decided to use it along with some Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens to make a card.


I also added the sparkle with the pens to the butterfly and on the top layer of the sentiment. However, they don't show the sparkle as much in this photo but I think you get the idea. All the stamps used are from the Gina K. Designs Heartfelt Hydrangea set. For areas on the design where I wanted a lighter shade I took the pen and added some of the color to a plastic lid and then diluted it with some water. So therefore it has a sort of water colored look to it. You still see the sparkle.

The background die is one I got quite some time ago called Modern Mosaic and is from Top Dog Dies which I am sad to say is no longer in business. I think this is one of my favorite backgrounds for cards and it always cuts perfectly so I am happy for that too.

Card stock colors used were Gina K. Designs White and Lovely Lavender. And, I used a Zig 2-way Glue Pen to add the images which I fussy cut.


My card design was finished by adding some rhinestone gems around the sentiment. By the way, I die cut the sentiment with a Cottage Cutz double stitched die and wanted to have a thin outer layer of the Lovely Lavender, so I cut the outer stitched line off the White layer and then glued it to the Lovely Lavender one. That gave me a nice little border. 

This card will be an entry in the current Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we are to get some sparkle on our projects. I hope you like what I did and I look forward to seeing all your comments too! 

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

It's lovely, Verna, with such pretty, soft colors! Lots of sparkle that works beautifully with that gorgeous lattice background! Hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very pretty - it certainly does sparkle! Gorgeous colors on the hydrangea and the background die cut is beautiful.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous..love the flowers against that beautiful trellis bkg.
xx Karen

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! I like the background die and the sparkle.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is gorgeous!!! You did that lovely stamp justice. One of the prettiest cards I have ever seen!

Joyce Erb said...

This is really pretty and sparkly. Love that background die too

laurie said...

So sparkly! Very pretty..love the Mosaic background too!

Brenda in IN said...

I had to scroll back to catch up and oh my, you have created such beautiful foil cards. Every single one is gorgeous. The puppies are adorable and I love that Penny Black sympathy card. This card is also lovely. The background die is great and the flowers are so pretty.

Donna Phelan said...

So Pretty! I love these hydrangeas! You've made a beautiful die cut background! So sparkly too, you can really see it shine! My order should be here tomorrow, that stamp and the Kit....WHAHOO! Fab card, Verna.

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful! I love that background die, and your coloring on the hydrangea is perfect. You have really captured that flower! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card - great background panel too. Thanks for playing at JUGS too

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Verna!

Patti said...

Swooning Verna! this card is so beautiful!! I love everything about it from your design to your perfect coloring and shimmer!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...