Wednesday, May 8, 2019

#8: Coffee Therapy

I am pretty sure this will be my last card for the hop as I have to remove all my supplies as I am getting into baking and cleaning mode again. So that will be another form of creativity. But enough of that and here is my final card design for the 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.


I actually have real coffee stains on this piece of Ivory card stock to which I stamped the various cup designs from the Gina K. Designs Coffee Therapy stamp set. I guess that is not surprising since I craft at the kitchen table. LOL

I went with a multiple of colors for the cups and die cut that panel out with the Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Oval die. Over the cups I stamped the sentiment which is from the same stamp set as the cups. I then added that panel to a Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Rectangle die cut. And, the final layer of dark gray was die cut with a Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle die.  Once all the layers were adhered together I then added them to an Ivory card stock base.

Well, that is it for me and I had so much fun doing these cards this week. And, I want to thank all who worked so hard to put the hop on and provide prizes. But most of all I thank all who stopped by to leave comments.

Everyone have a great rest of the week and to all the mothers or mother like ladies I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!

God bless,
Verna

31 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I like how bright and cheerful your card is!

Esther Asbury said...

Love your bright and cheery coffee cups!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO cute, Verna. Love the bright colors on this sweet card.

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the layers!! Very nice, coffee stain and all. lol
Have a beautiful Mother's Day, Verna.

Greta said...

Clever & cute!

Lisa Babitz said...

I like the patterned paper you created; the real coffee stains are perfect!!

Billie A said...

Pretty card and die. Fun layout.

Fikreta said...

very beautiul card!

Barbara said...

I love this bright coffee stained card. Those layers in different shapes are a fun background and in enjoyed the many colors of cups. I am back in Wisconsin now and putting my stamps back in some kind of organization. How do you store ,your stamps? Do you keep them by company and then alphabetically?

Brenda in IN said...

A great design since coffee makes the world go round! This is a bright, cheery card.

~amy~ said...

Love the added coffee stains! Thanks for all the fabulous projects Verna!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Fun to have these cups all stamped out in different bright colors! Neat to have a real coffee stain too. I have always wanted this set from Gina K. I like the style a lot. Have a nice time with your company!

New Creations said...

So pretty and colorful with all textures!

tonyamaries said...

Love the real coffee stain!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun colorful stamping. The real spill is fab! :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Was that a real coffee stain or did you put it there? Regardless, it is total fun. Loving the stitched borders.

DIANA L. said...

This is really great!! I love that kind of therapy to.
Thank you for sharing your creativity. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful background created with all your coffee mugs!

Diane said...

FABULOUS card Verna and with real stains, how creative...I love this!! I was only able to enter ONE card and here months ago I gathered up all my 'coffee/tea' supplies with the hopes of joining in...sigh...didn't happen!!

Carol L said...

You wrapped up the coffee hop cards with a good one! Love the oval with all those cups! Now for that 2nd cuppa coffee..........bye for now!

Doudou said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that coffee stain and all those adorable cups! Really pretty card!

laurie said...

I love that you have a REAL coffee stain...so creative!

Suzanne H said...

The colors are terrific. Clever use of real coffee for the background.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love all the stitched dies and simplicity of this card...very pretty. Let me thank you for all the generous comments you have given me on my cards in the Coffee Lovers BlogHop...it been fun.

Dandi93 said...

Love your use for the different colors for the cup. Very cute and the coffee stains were definitely a great addition.

Karenladd said...

Oh, I just love these colorful coffee cups...and extra points for the real coffee stain, ha! I used to sew at our kitchen table, so I know how doing double-duty can cause a little cross-over. In this case, it was actually a fun touch.

Leslie Miller said...

Here's another one of those perfectly pretty coffee cards which you're so good at! I do love coffee cards, but hardly ever make them. Love the colors on this and, by the way, there's nothing like the authenticity of a real coffee stain on a coffee card!

VanessaB said...

really pretty!

Lisa said...

Love this! That stamped background looks like DP... the colors are great and love that there is actual coffee on it

Hetty said...

Beautiful card.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...