Monday, May 6, 2019

No. 5 Coffee Card

I worked up a quick note card for the 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop using a free digi, a stencil, some stamps and awesome ink colors. I really love how it looks too and I hope you like it as well.



I used the Gina K. Designs inks and Water Droplets stencil to make the background on a white card base. Then I printed out the free plain cup from Limited Runs Digis and colored it with Copics.  They were generous and gave a plain design and a decorated one. After it was colored I then stamped the sentiment and the coffee beans from the Gina K. Designs Perfect Blend stamp set,  A little swipe of my white paint pen on the beans gave a more realistic look I thought. The last step was to fussy cut the cup and add it to the front stenciled panel. Voila! A card design that I really love!

If you have time I hope you can add some card designs or other coffee, tea or hot cocoa to the hop. Be sure to use spring/summer themes or ones that will work for any season or reason. I thought this card I made would be that all occasion type. Thanks for visiting and I thank you for all the wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

27 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome stenciled background! I love the bright, cheerful colors you used!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You are doing a great job with the hop. All your coffee cards are fun and spring/summery! I like the colors in your stenciled background. I didn’t know about this free digi. It is a nice one, but I like how you added regular stamping to it to make it your own.

Hetty said...

Wow, great background and great use of the Limited Runs coffee mug.

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job, Verna. I always enjoy your cards. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week.
Karen L

Leslie Miller said...

WOW! I love the stenciled background and colors! I totally agree with the sentiment, too. Great card, Verna!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your gorgeous background, Verna. And yay to that sentiment!!

Laurie Unger said...

This sentiment is so spot on! Great card!

tonyamaries said...

Great background!

~amy~ said...

super pretty Verna! 5 cards already? That's awesome!

Billie A said...

pretty card and colors.

New Creations said...

So pretty!

Karen Dunbrook said...

it does look amazing mf....well done.
xx Karen

Barbara said...

Wow! I love the bright colors and your design! Great card to receive anytime.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Brilliant Verna! I love how the coffee cup looks like it has been masked! Beautifully cut. That background is perfect! Awesome make!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your stamped greeting fits perfectly on your digi image, and it looks amazing on your stenciled background. Reminds me of splashes of coffee jumping out ouf the mug - lol!

Brenda in IN said...

Another bright, cheerful card from you! I love this card and the stencil is a great one.

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are perfect

Carol L said...

This is fabulous!!! Love that stenciled background!!

Mac Mable said...

Wow to those stunning blended colours and what a striking stencil. Great fussy cutting and a fabulous card Verna x

Marianne said...

Love that beautifully blended background, Verna. I wasn't sure if I should download that free digi, but you definitely rocked it!

Fikreta said...

your card is so beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful bg stenciling -- love the bright colors on this great coffee card.

Suzanne H said...

This is a great card. Your color choices are terrific.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

wow, really love that stenciled background, so bright and cheery.

Dandi93 said...

Love this Verna, the background is so colorful

Karenladd said...

Wow, i LOVE that stenciled background! I've got a lot of stencils and really need to pull them out and get creative. The layered coffee cup and beautiful background make this a cheery design.

VanessaB said...

so beautiful! love those colors

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...