Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Word Art

It has been a long time since I added a card to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge so I thought today I would make a sympathy card using a past verse that I had gotten from a previous Word Art Wednesday Challenge. I combined it with a beautiful stamp from Penny Black.


The Word Art Wednesday Challenge is an Anything Goes type of challenge so that is an advantage to my way of thinking. So if you want to join you can check things out at the link above.

The Ivory focal panel was die cut with a Maker's Movement (formerly Cheery Lynn Designs) die after I had added the flowers and colored them. Next I added a ribbon and some gold sequins. This panel was then added to an Ivory card base.

Supplies used:
Penny Black Full of Glee stamp set
Maker's Movement Stitched Rectangles Nested Essentials
Gina K. Designs Amalgam Black Ink
Ribbon-Unknown
Sequins-Sparkle Blends from Doodles Playground

I noticed I was short on sympathy cards and I felt that this was a verse that might be very comforting to the bereaved ones. Thanks for the visit and I would love to hear what you think about my using it for a sympathy card too.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Verna, I think it makes a beautiful sympathy card with this particular verse. The ribbon is so lovely with the red flowers.

Carol L said...

The verse is so lovely and paired with the beautiful flowers, this is a winner! Gorgeous!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your card is beautiful, and that verse is perfect. Very comforting.

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful sympathy card and will bring comfort to the recipient. I love that ribbon.

Barbara said...

And when you decide to add a card to a challenge that you have not not in awhile, you knock it out of the park. Fabulous design, coloring and great sentiment.

Judy Woodland said...

This is beautiful, Verna. I love how the red really pops against the white, and the way you have placed the greeting is just perfect. I think what really sets it off is that beautiful ribbon, just brings the whole thing together.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A really nice Sympathy card. That was a good verse to save for later use. Very elegant and appropriate.

laurie said...

So beautiful, and I just love that verse too.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how wonderful.
xx Karen

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the off the edge image very pretty card!

Lisa said...

I think it's a beautiful sentiment for a sympathy card! And love those beautiful bold red flowers.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful and elegant. The flower just pops from the paper and the bow is a perfect finishing touch.

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful sympathy card Verna and pretty design

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...