Sunday, May 5, 2019

No. 4-Coffee For Two

I saw that I had this Stamplorations stamp set and thought immediately of an anniversary card design. And, I went with a variety of summer colors and in a wonky design pattern. I hope you like this card for the 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.


First thing I did was take a panel of Gina K. Designs Ivory card stock and I blended on lots of various Gina K. Designs inks to create a background using the Life Changing Blending Brushes. Once my background was done I stamped the Stamplorations Coffee for Two stamp by Shery Russ Designs with the help of my Misti. This was then die cut using a die from the Makers Movement Stitched Rectangles Nested Essentials die set. My next layer was some black card stock die cut with the same Makers Movement set. I then added that to another die cut panel of the blended background but I laid it in a wonky fashion. The next layer was again a black die cut panel but this was laid wonky as well onto the card base of Gina K. Designs Key Lime card stock. The black card stock was from Gina K. Designs too. Once all was assembled I added some Doodle Bug Designs Inc. Beetle Black Glitter Sprinkles.

I hope some of you can join in on the coffee hop and have some fun with it. 

Until next time take care and God bless,
Verna

26 comments:

tonyamaries said...

Love this super colorful card! Great job!

~amy~ said...

Such wonderful ink blending Verna!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Verna:
Another great job. Love seeing your art linked to the coffee hop.
Have a great week!
Karen L

Becca Yahrling said...

The lime green card really pops with the black matting and your gorgeous inked backgrounds. So very pretty - I love it.
Thanks, Verna, for all your sweet comments on my cards. :-)

Esther Asbury said...

I love the bright and cheerful background you created on this card. Pairing it with the black makes for a striking card!

Billie A said...

Great ink blending and colors. fun card.

New Creations said...

So beautiful in bright colors!

Birgit said...

I love the rainbow colors and wonky design! Your blending is pure perfection!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully framed, and colorfully inspired, your coffee creation is fantastic, Verna! hugs, de

Lisa Babitz said...

Your sponged background panels in those summery colors look great. The black stamping and mats stand out nicely.

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Verna, this just brightens my day with those beautiful blended colors. The lime green looks great with black. It's so cheerful. I am going to check out this coffee blog hop, thanks for the link.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a great image, love the colors and your wonky design very much! It looks so bright and terrific for the spring and summer hop!

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant and wonderful colours and love the wonky layout and the design is fabulous x

Fikreta said...

great colors on great card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like this, Verna! Nice ink blending and cool layout with the wonky frames. You make the best coffee cards!

Carol L said...

Those colors are just dreamy, and I love the tilted panels with those coffee cups taking center stage! Beautifully designed and colored!

Marianne said...

Such happy colours, Verna. Love your wonky panels as well. I have used this several times, but never with so many layers. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of bright colors! :)

Hetty said...

Love the warm colors on your card, Verna.
Great use of the digital image.

Suzanne H said...

I'm so impressed when people create their own backgrounds. The colors are terrific. I'm so enjoying your cards.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Another great background...and stitched panels finish it off. Beautiful.

Dandi93 said...

Fabulous framing of your image... and great job blending the colors so smoothly. Pretty card Verna

Karenladd said...

How clever to turn this into an anniversary card. I think I need to start looking at my stamp sets in a new way..you never know what you can come up with. The warm summery colors in your card are beautiful, and I always love Stamploration's style

Lisa said...

So beautiful! Love the blended panels... great colors and that is a great image from Shery for sure! And those doodlebug sprinkles are the perfect touch!

VanessaB said...

awesome!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Love this!! Great background... love the offset design!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...