Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Blooming Tea

This card was created using the digital set I won called Blooming Tea which was designed by Cindy C. @ Escape To Stamping. You can see her blog HERE. And I apologize to Cindy as I am not very literate about using digitals and I know that there is supposed to be a way to layer digital stamps but I am afraid I had to print each one individually, fussy cut them and then layer them. Also the flower inside the teapot I got too big so I had to cut a bit off the top and bottom but even after surgery it did not look too bad. Good thing I had a Cutter Bee scissors to use.

I had no idea what Blooming Tea was until I Googled it. Apparently it is a dried up flower which is wrapped in tea leaves and then placed into a pot of hot water. After the leaves soften then the flower emerges inside the tea. And, they only use edible flowers so it is safe to drink.


I did not have a sentiment appropriate so I computer generated mine. The pots and cups were colored using the Life Changing Blending Brushes by Picket Fence Studios and Gina K. Designs inks. The solid coloring of the flowers and the lid of the pot were done with Bic Markers.

At any rate I did enjoy making this card and I hope will use it better as time goes on. Thanks Cindy!

I love to read your comments so thanks for the visits.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Verna this is awesome!! I love how you coloured it. Glad you enjoy the images, and thanks for the shout out.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I saw those images during the hop and liked them. You did a nice job with them. I also am not so good with digi images. The blooming tea is a really pretty image and this make a great card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I didn't know what blooming tea was until I read your post. What a neat idea! This turned out very pretty, Verna. Digis open up a whole new world of options when you get comfortable with them.

Lisa said...

It's beautiful! I actually like to print my digis separate and cut them so I can layer them... I think you did a beautiful job and I love these images too!

Karenladd said...

I have never heard of blooming tea either, but this is a gorgeous card! I love the beautiful coloring technique that really makes the tea look translucent.

Dandi93 said...

Pretty Teapot Verna... I use an old card program called Printmaster to add several images to my card. Some use word or a free program online. My Printmaster doens't always act normal but it is being forced to play nice with the new computer. Some day I may have to find another. Not looking forward to that at all.

Lisa Babitz said...

Wow - a lot of work fussy cutting all your images! And you colored them beautifully! I had never heard of Blooming Tea, so thanks for the lesson!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...