Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Favorite Summer Colors

I found a new challenge in which we are to use our favorite summer colors. This is the card I am entering into Laurie's Fabulous Favorites   My favorite colors for summer are pink, yellow and orange along with some light blue and light green. So with that in mind I used a stencil to create this card.


Supplies used:
Paper Trey Ink Mix & Mat Hearts Die
Maker's Movement Stitched Rectangles Nested Essentials Dies
Gina K. Designs Art Stencils Daisy Chain
Gina K. Design Rose Peonies (Sentiment)

I used Gina K. Designs inks to add color to my stencil design using the Life Changing Blending Brushes from Picket Fence Studio. Then I die cut the panel out and placed it onto the heart die frame that was cut from black card stock. The sentiment was stamped on front of the stencil design. Adding this layered panel to a Dusty Rose card base was my next step. I also added some of the same design inside the card.

I have several anniversaries coming up later in the summer so this will be a handy card to have in my supply stash. Thanks for visiting and for your sweet comments.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Christine said...

What a pretty floral background! I love the heart mat...it is one of my favorite dies!

Greta said...

Beautiful job of stenciling, Verna!

Barbara said...

Love your summer colors and that daisy stencil. Fun card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty, happy card....can't wait for summer to get here.
xx Karen

Judy Woodland said...

I love what you have done with that stencil. All the colors go beautifully together, really lovely. Wonderful design too, just a very pretty card.

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous, Verna! It reminds me of happiness, summer picnics, dancing, and rainbows! It's beautiful! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty colours, wonderful blending and that stencil is beautiful. Love how you layered up the card and what a stunning card it is Verna x.

Kathy Krug said...

This is so pretty, Verna. I love how you colored with the stencil.The background die is beautiful too.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous colors Verna. What a great stencil - love how you've used it here.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, these colors are fabulous, Verna, and what a CUTE stencil! Beautiful blending. I just received a set of blending brushes, but Beauty Kate brand makeup brushes from Amazon. Fantastic! Made a couple of backgrounds today and love how they work. Now to see how they hold up. You really sold me on them with beautiful cards like this!

TK said...

Great card, beautiful colors! Love that blending!!! I want those brushes but haven't brought myself to spending the money though... Your card definitely makes me think I need to (hehe)

P.S. I used to live in Montrose, SD!

Carol L said...

This is just a lovely, warm, and wonderful anniversary card! I love the black die cuts beneath that gorgeous floral image panel!

Dandi93 said...

Very pretty Verna, what a lovely way to bring in all of your favorite summer colors

Lori said...

So pretty! Your stenciled flowers are gorgeous!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That frame in black provides a great contrast to the flowers. Very nice!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of these pretty colors with that stencil

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Yellow, pink and orange are one of my fave combos around now too! Fantastic job with that cool stencil!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. The colors are just gorgeous.

Lisa Babitz said...

I love your sponged, stenciled background!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...