Sunday, January 26, 2020

Accentuate the Positive!

Yesterday I made a card using the negative of a deer die. Today I worked with the positive and tried it one way and it completely failed but finally I came up with this simple design and this one I even approve of. I hope you like it too!


I used some mirror card stock from Crafter's Companion and die cut it with a Maker's Movement stitched rectangle die. Then I added the deer die cut from Cutplorations (a division of Stamplorations) and then added the sentiment. I found some unknown snowflake sequins in various colors which when the light hits them change shades. So I added them to the top. The sentiment from Gina K. Designs was printed in deep pink ink on white card stock. Then I added a few rhinestones to that. Now that mirror card stock is called purple but it has more of a deep pink color to my way of thinking.

Well, that does it for me this afternoon. They have a winter advisory out for us late this afternoon and tonight. I am not sure if that just means strong winds or if it involves more snow falling. But none the less it is a good time to stay inside and safe. Take care everyone and have a nice day!

God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Greta said...

Fun & festive card!

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful. The positive of the deer is just as lovely as the negative. The sequin snowflakes work great with the snowflakes on the deer. The mirror card stock is beautiful behind the deer. How great that you could get two cards with one die cut.

Rosy Newlun said...

I cannot imagine you failing a card but it's easy for me to do LOL!!! It's lovely to use a pattern paper for a die cut! I never heard of cutplorations. I don't have a cutting machine though - I'll go see if that is what kind of cut it is :) And the sequins go PERFECTLY! I don't have many of shaped embellies like that It sure adds punch to your card! Thank you for all the helpful info and beauty!!!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Verna. Love the bright colours here.

kiwimeskreations said...

what a wonderful card Verna - love the snowflakes, they are a fabulous accent, picking up on the snowflakes in the pp
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

I love this one Verna! Fabulous and fun colors and design.

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful! The mirror card picks up the colour of some of the snowflakes on the deer, and the snowflake sequins are so pretty!

Diane said...

Beautiful deer and papers, the two work so beautifully well together!!

Bunny said...

I love the great colors you chose for this Christmas card. [Bunny]

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous work Verna! The snowflakes compliment the dear die cut perfectly!

KT Fit Kitty said...

It's so cute, Verna! I love the deer die and all the snowflakes! Great colour combo! How is your neighbour doing now? I keep praying for her.

Carol L said...

I definitely like this one with that fabulous raspberry colored background! It has my stamp of approval for sure as it's a real beauty! Stay safe and warm in the upcoming bad weather. It will reach us by the weekend I'm sure!

Mac Mable said...

The positive deer looks fabulous and the designer paper looks amazing. Such a pretty card Verna....Hope you are staying warm x.

Leslie Miller said...

The deer is beautiful cut from the snowflake paper, and the mirror paper and the iridescent snowflakes make a magical background for him! Stay warm and safe, Verna!

Patti said...

Beautiful!! I love all the sparkle you used! it really adds beautiful dimension!!

Sorry to have been MIA recently. My husband is working on getting my new computer up and running and it is both wonderful and terrifying!! So many little differences and I am NOT a gal who likes change! LOL

Hope you stay safe and warm from the storm!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Sharyn Polesel said...

How pretty! The colors are wonderful and I am loving that deer. Lovely card!

TK said...

Very nice, and love that it's atop the shiny cs -- pink or purple, it looks great either way! Be safe, keep warm!

Patti J said...

Both yesterday and today’s cards are beautiful, Verna! Gorgeous creations, as always! Thanks for inspiring me!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wonderful and super shiny - just like Christmas!

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love that deer die cut and the colors are so pretty! Cool sequins too!

Lisa Babitz said...

Love the non-traditional colors on your Christmas card. The sequins you added compliment the paper you used for your deer die cut nicely, and the shine is so festive!

Dandi93 said...

Very pretty, and the shine... I like this one too

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...