Tuesday, January 7, 2020

More Cards For Little Hearts

This batch of cards uses a sea theme and I used images from the Gina K. Designs Fishing You The Best stamp set. This is a cute little set of images which makes into fantastic fun cards.


I used ink pads for the solid images but for the sandy bottom of the sea I used my Bic markers. And, to get the hearts into the design I hand drew the air bubbles in a heart shape. I then brushed on some blue to the background to imitate the water and also tried to get a look of movement in it by using a wavy cut piece of paper and adding a darker shade of blue lightly along the edge of it to create the wave look. 

If you would like to make some cards for this Cards for Little Hearts Drive in January there is a badge along my sidebar at the top showing the website with the information. Be sure you read all the details there on what you should use for the cards. 

Well, I will be busy doing extra cooking, laundry and more dishes. LOL No doubt I won't get a lot of card making done but I am glad I got all my cards for the kids done at least. I still have to add a logo to the back of each card and pack them along with a slip with the information requested. I may be able to sneak that in one of these days. And then they will be ready to ship.

You all have a great day! Thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Patti said...

Fishing you the Best! heehee what a sweet sentiment for an amazing design!! I can almost taste the salty sea. Beautiful! background to highlight your sweet scene.

Theresa's Studio said...

Just love this design and sentiment! Another winning set for the kids!

Patti J said...

These are adorable! God bless you, Verna, for doing this for these children! Hugs!

Bunny said...

So cute. The kids will love the sentiment. [Bunny]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I love how you did the water on these cards! Love an underwater or beach theme. Many of my not yet used stamps are along these lines. My day was all housework and tomorrow looks like more of the same. Taking a break now while dinner is cooking. Enjoy the rest of your week!

TK said...

Cute, fun scene and terrific waves! We'll see you soon

Donna Ellis said...

Darling cards, Verna, and beautiful tropical colors! My favorite part is your cute little heart bubbles! Hugs, de

Diane said...

These cute ~cute cards just made me smile BIG...fabulously CUTE image and design!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are really fun cards! The sand looks very realistic! At first I thought you may have used a fancy embossing powder, but just plain old markers did the trick!

Carol L said...

Oh how super cute this set of cards is! You're a dynamo making all these sweet cards for the children! I wish I had your energy :)

Lisa Babitz said...

Great underwater scene - I love how these turned out! You did a great job with the sponging for the water and coloring the sand. The heart bubbles are so cute too!

Dawn S. said...

So cute! I love the way you used the hearts for the little air bubbles.

Lisa said...

Oh these are fun and so adorabe!

Dandi93 said...

Darling underwater cards Verna, At first I thought they were stenciled until I read your description. Your sand looks great... Cute scene

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...