Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Final Set of Cards for Little Hearts

Today I am sharing Filmore who is one of the darling birds from the Wilson Birds digital set from Sparkle N Sprinkle (now retired company). This is the last set of cards I have made for the Cards for Little Hearts Drive.


Along with some pattern papers I also used the die cut Hi from Paper Smooches again. That was a great investment when I bought that set as it came in so handy for these cards. I knew right away when it had a heart for the dot on the "i" that it would work well. And again I used the pre-colored image.

If you want to send off a few cards to the kids check out the sidebar at the very top and see the information for the website where you can find out all the details. Any amount of cards would be very much appreciated.

The cards got sent off in the mail today. Our rural mail carrier is very accommodating and I give him a blank check made out to Postmaster and then he fills in the amount and mails it for me. That way I don't have to run into town with it. Of course, I give the post office lots of business so he is used to my heavy traffic with sending things. And, it helps that he is a classmate and good friend of mine too.

Well, we got below zero for temperatures this morning and we will only have single digits for highs the way it sounded. I hope they are wrong though. Even a 10 above would be nice. I hope you are having weather that pleases you and if cold stay warm and if too hot stay cool! And, keep your prayers going for all in Australia with those wild fires. That is so devastating!

Thanks for the visit and have a great rest of the week. I don't know if I will be back posting or not this week. Depends on what goes on around here. So in the meantime, take care.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Hi, Verna! Congratulations, you won my Seasons Givings prize #3 :)

Please visit my blog post by copying and pasting the URL into your browser: https://margieh.blogspot.com/2019/12/seasons-givings-2020-blog-hop-giveaway.html

It will have details on how to reach me, etc. BIG THANK YOU for being a long-time follower and commenting. Means the world to me that you took time to comment...I read it every time.

Hope to hear from you soon!
MargieH from Chicago

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute cards! I love the little heart detail to dot the i! That is a good arrangement with your mail carrier to pay for the shipping.

Bunny said...

Wow! Congratulations on your winning at the Season's Givings. That is grand.

You deserve it after mailing off all those cards to Card's For Little Hearts. It was interesting to read about the mail carrier being your friend and being able to fill in the amount that is owed. I love that.

Brrr on your weather. My teeth are thinking about chattering just hearing that you're going to be in the single digits. [Bunny]

Shona Erlenborn said...

Oh my gosh I totally forgot about Filmore! I need to find him and use him - isn't he just the cutest? You've really done some fantastic cards for the kids Verna! How awesome is that story about your postman!

Leslie Miller said...

I've sure enjoyed these birds, Verna! You've got the perfect paper and that sentiment again. Love! Good luck with your weather.

kiwimeskreations said...

I love all these sweet and cute cards you have made Verna - you have a real ministry there. those birds are the perfect image for the cards
I am comfortably warm here (in New Zealand) at the moment - next week it's getting hotter, if the weather does what is forecast!
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

What a nice surprise and so deserved after sending out all of these cute cards for the kids. You sure have a nice arrangement with your postman. Keep warm as your weather gets into single digits. I sure don't miss that. I will send you a little sunshine from Florida.

Lisa Babitz said...

Adorable!!! Filmore has the cutest expression on his face! And I love the patterned paper you used here.

Stay warm.

Dawn S. said...

Congratulations on your win! Love the patterned paper and the sentiment with the little heart! Your mail carrier sounds like a gem!

Judy Woodland said...

WOW, congrats on our win, my dear. I have loved all your card sets, they are super cute and very thoughtful. Thanks for sharing, you always inspire me.

Carol L said...

oh gosh, the expression on that bird's face is priceless! Love this set of cards!

TK said...

Your bird is just the cutest! His sweet face and so fun for the kids!

Gotta love small towns for the hospitality of those around you, always willing to help! Stay warm!

Patti said...

Verna! you deserve a standing ovation for all of the wonderful and creative cards you have made for the Little Hearts drive!!! What a blessing you are to ALL of us!!

BIG (((Hugs)))

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable bird! He totally made me smile :)

Lisa said...

So so cuute!! You are so good about participating in this drive! They're gonna love these!

Christina said...

Hello, Verna! Happy Sunday! Oh I love this design! This birdie is so sweet! Verna, I want to let you know that your package has arrived and all the cards have made it to me safely. Thank you so much for you help again and again every year with Cards for Little Hearts. The heart center staff, the team, and I truly could not do this without you! We appreciate you and all the effort you put in, helping us bring so many smiles, love, and encouragement to so many heart patients at Nationwide Children's Hospital, the Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, and Boston Children's Hospital. Thank you and god blessed. May you have a beautiful week ahead, Verna. Hugs, from your friend - Christina

Dandi93 said...

Adorable... Gotta love those eyes

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...