Friday, January 10, 2020

The Key

This is the third post of the day. I had to play some more with digis and for this card I used Jan's Digtals called Digi Key set. I bought it a few weeks ago and this is it's first outing for me. I will be entering this in the Jan's Digi Challenge #5-Anything Goes.


I printed this out with the colored images but I wanted my design to have brighter and bolder colors so I took my Bic alcohol markers and colored over the designs to make it match more with the colors I had in mind. I die cut the panel out with a Cutplorations die which is a division of Stamplorations. It fit perfectly to an A2 bright pink card stock base which I think gives an interesting look with the contrast of the white. And, the wonderful stitching on that die was deep enough that a slight bit of the bright pink shows through along the border. The finishing touch was to add some gems to the card front.

This digital set was one that Jan made up for the Turner Syndrome Awareness Hop which is to be held in February. Proceeds from the sale of the set goes to that charity.

Well, that is all for me today and maybe even for the weekend. I am thinking a bit of a break might be good as I have been doing a lot of card making lately. At least I managed to keep with my goal of at least two Christmas cards a week. I wasn't sure I would make it. That is the only New Year's  resolution I made again this year.

Enjoy your weekend and until next time take care. Thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

27 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Verna. Very clever idea to use the white on the front of a pink card blank. Just scrolled down to see the other beautiful cards you've posted today - you HAVE been busy. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Great idea to enhance the colored image like this! It turned out fantastic!

Patti J said...

SO pretty, Verna! Love it! Jan has some great images!

Rosy Newlun said...

Very cheerful, colorful card, Verna!! Reminds me of a spring day!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the vibrant colours on this fabulous card Verna. The pink card base is perfect
Blessing
Maxine

Barbara said...

I love this fairytale looking card. You really made a nice addition by adding your own coloring.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! Isn't Jan's set beautiful for the Turner Syndrome Awareness foundation? I especially like your colored version with the coordinating flower and butterfly, and dancing jewels. Beautifully done! So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very bright and beautiful! It is a neat idea to use the die cut panel over the pink cardstock. I’m not sure if I am imagining I can see the pink through the stitched lines? That is a good idea!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful and bright! Loving that Cutplorations die! I was looking for something bigger than my Memory Box die and I think this will foot the bill! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Babitz said...

I love the bold colors on your card. Adding color to the already colored images is a great idea to customize it a bit. It's cool how you can see the pink through the faux stitched border.

Theresa's Studio said...

You've been busy making cards! Have a great weekend.

Julie Odil said...

Oh, how beautiful! I am delighted to see a Jan's Digital Stamp entered in the challenge. Thanks so much for linking up at JDS Challenges. Julie, DT member

Carol L said...

This is just stunning with those beautiful colors and design! The sparkle of the gems takes this one over the top!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the beautiful colors on your card. It really is lovely!

Patti said...

Beautifully done! I love how you accented the printed image with your Bic markers. The images really pop!!!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so bright and bold and very cheery. I like those bright colors. Making two Christmas cards a week is such a great idea, you will be so far ahead of the game come Christmas. Good for you.

Lisa said...

This is SO beautiful! Love that you colored a pre-colored image!...lol! awesome... you must have made it more beautiful because it is...

Mac Mable said...

Wow your card is beautiful Verna and so are the three posts. You are spoiling us with your creativity....Thank you x.

Corry said...

what a beautiful card, you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs corry

Cindy C. said...

Great rendering! Such a pretty card.

TK said...

Beautiful, and I love that you altered the "preset" colors to your liking! That sentiment is pretty fabulous too

Dandi93 said...

So pretty Verna, lovely color combo and I love the added bling

Diane said...

Wow a beautiful card and what a great image and lovely design!

Dawn S. said...

Love the sentiment on your pretty card! The colours you added really add to the design.

Nancy said...

Excellent coloring Verna and a beautiful card! I don't do much digi stamping yet anyway!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Verna! You did a lovely job coloring up this beautiful card! I haven't tried to use the key on that stamp set, I have used the butterfly, but the key just seems so hard! Your card is beautiful! Thank you for purchasing that stamp set!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely coloring - great color combo too

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...