Monday, April 19, 2021

Friendship Thanks

While looking for some other card making supplies I ran across my Rina K. Neon Brights inks and also a stencil from Gina K. Designs called Daisy Chain so it prompted me to work with these inks and stencil to create a note card of friendship. I used my blending brushes and to me there is nothing more soothing then to take a stencil and add patches of various colors over it and be so enthused about the end results. Blending the colors together create new colors. I know I love this look. I hope you do too!



Those neon colors always make me feel so happy and I hope they make you feel that way too. After I let the panel dry a bit as those inks are juicy I then stamped the sentiment and die cut the friend out after stamping it and then used that on the card. The sentiment and die comes from the Gina K. Designs Stitched Leaves Mini stamp kit I purchased several years ago. I still use that kit a lot too!

Thanks so much for your wonderful visits. I enjoy seeing your comments. Take care everyone!

God bless, Verna

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Oooh! Love these ink colors! What a lovely, vivid creation, Verna! Great job!

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh yes, I do love it as well as the feeling when the colors blend into a touch of heaven! Doesn't happen for me often but I'm giddy happy when it does. This is a beauty!

Barbara said...

I love ink blended colors and I know that satisfying feeling when you do it. That sentiment die is fabulous and it is all that is needed on this card.

Carol L said...

This is an absolute stunner with all those wonderful colors and patterns and the sharp black sentiment! Love it!

Dawn S. said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the bright colours.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Stunning, Verna! The background is glorious and the sentiment is just the perfect finish to a beautiful card!

Judy Woodland said...

You are right, Verna. That first "reveal" when you take the stencil off is so exciting and satisfying. I have Rina's inks too, and have not used them in forever. I must get them out again, you have inspired me. I love this card with all the pretty colors, well done!!!

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful card. Your ink blending is wonderful and really makes the flowers pop.

Diane said...

Very beautiful design and such pretty colors!

Leslie Miller said...

I do love the look and I've always felt you are very good at ink blending. You took right to those blending brushes and inks. Love the daisy stencil and the bright colors you used.!

TK said...

Bright and beautiful -- it's gorgeous, Verna!

Greta said...

Beautifully happy card!

Lisa Babitz said...

Love your cheery, colorful card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out just pretty! Love the colors

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love this happy, delightful looking card...a real joy!
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...