Thursday, April 8, 2021

Mermaid Wishes!

Today I made a card using some already watercolored pre-embossed papers that I acquired some time ago and this paper was in a Prima Marketing Watercolor Pad. I had watercolored it several months ago and then decided I did not like it. But today I thought it might work with this cute little mermaid I got from the Mini Mermaid digital set from Tiddly Inks. So together with some dies and card stock I proceeded to create this birthday card which I think my granddaughter will like. As long as it is mermaids or unicorns she is happy!



I colored the little mermaid with my Copic Markers and then fussy cut it out. The sentiment was computer generated. I tried to make her hair look more like the colors of the rainbow. I am not sure I was too successful but at least I tried.

I am entering this card in the Double D's Challenge-Rainbows, Unicorns and Mermaids. I chose to use the mermaid part of the inspiration photo for my card. 

We are still getting a nice slow rain. We have around 4 inches now and I know this is going to be a big boost to any crops that are already planted and those which will be planted later on. We were so dry so this is very welcomed. Only down side for me is my aches and pains in my old bones is a tad worse. Oh, well! I can cope with it for awhile.

Take care and thanks for visiting!

God bless, Verna

12 comments:

Liz said...

Adorable card, Verna. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute image of the mermaid Verna and a very pretty card .
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

That cute mermaid would make any background sweet. I know that your granddaughter will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

Lisa Babitz said...

Adorable! Your background panel looks great; perfect for your cute mermaid image. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

Carol L said...

This little mermaid is so cute and I LOVE that background paper! Love the colors too!

Bonnie said...

Rainbow hair mermaid it is then. Adorable. Aches and pains like this are a good thing. I over did it yesterday changing some landscaping and now I feel your pain, but feel it is worth it.

Judy Woodland said...

You never disappoint, Verna. This card is so stinkin' cute! I love that background, absolutely perfect for that sweet little mermaid image. Well done and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us over at Double D.

Diane said...

Super cute cute mermaid and fabulous background for her! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, that is the most wonderful paper and it sure makes it easy! Your darling little mermaid looks right at home!

laurie said...

Thats a fun background for your cute lil mermaid!!!

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just adorable and I love your background! Great job (no surprise there! lol) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rainbows, Unicorns or Mermaid’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

TK said...

I love your sweet card, Verna, and I'm sure your granddaughter will too! I think the watercolor works awesome here.
Hope you are doing well, and the aches lighten up soon!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...